This Duke game could go a long way to help us with the #1 seed in the East. | Syracusefan.com

This Duke game could go a long way to help us with the #1 seed in the East.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I know that there is a lot that is going to happen in the next six weeks or so, but I would think that the Cuse isn't going to have any losses this bad. In fact, I'm kind of hoping we have no further losses at all.

I know that there is a lot that is going to happen in the next six weeks or so, but I would think that the Cuse isn't going to have any losses this bad. In fact, I'm kind of hoping we have no further losses at all.

This is freaking huge for us. Wow...the red sea really has parted the past 5 days hasnt it?

A road loss to a team with a #4 RPI and a #1 SOS is not a bad loss......

It is when you lose by a hundo

Still counts as a loss, doesn't matter if it is a buzzer beater or by a century...still counts the same.

They may have the #4 RPI but they lost to Indiana State and Florida Gulf Coast.

Still counts as a loss, doesn't matter if it is a buzzer beater or by a century...still counts the same.
It's perception vs reality. We know Miami is a decent team and will win a bunch of games in a pretty sad ACC conference. However, everyone, and I mean everyone, was watching Duke get taken to the woodshed. Chances are they lose a couple more also.

If Duke doesn't get Kelly back they aren't getting a 1 seed. If he comes back and they stabilize things they cou;dl still get the 1 in the east. The resume with Kelly is pretty strong.

If Duke doesn't get Kelly back they aren't getting a 1 seed. If he comes back and they stabilize things they cou;dl still get the 1 in the east. The resume with Kelly is pretty strong.

By then the damage may already have been done

Did anyone see him hopping on one leg during the last TV timeout? That can't be good

Hey, we can't minimize the fact that we lost Southerland and kept on purring. In fact, one might argue we are playing better without him. Southerland was the guy that some had pegged as 6th man of the year early on. I'll take that arguement to the bank.

A team that Syracuse may need to look out for in the East is Florida. We are ahead of them currently, but Florida may not lose anoter time tis year. Say Florida was ranked #3 and Syracuse was #4 by the committee, they would receive first dibs at location.

By then the damage may already have been done

It's possible. Obviously it all depends on A) When Kelly comes back, B) how they play while he's gone, and C) how quickly they get back into things.

If I had to guess right now, they don't get a 1 seed. But if he comes back in a few weeks and they go on a run, then losing some games without Kelly will get overlooked a little.

A team that Syracuse may need to look out for in the East is Florida. We are ahead of them currently, but Florida may not lose anoter time tis year. Say Florida was ranked #3 and Syracuse was #4 by the committee, they would receive first dibs at location.
Here are the Regional locations, so you tell me who goes where:

Washington DC
Indianapolis
Arlington TX
Los Angeles

Say things are like you say, it could be Kansas to Arlington, Michigan to Indianapolis and then between us and Florida for DC and LA.

Washington DC
Indianapolis
Arlington TX
Los Angeles

Say things are like you say, it could be Kansas to Arlington, Michigan to Indianapolis and then between us and Florida for DC and LA.

Ours is DC to lose. We keep winning and w are in the nations capitol.

Washington DC
Indianapolis
Arlington TX
Los Angeles

It depends on who the committee ranks as the better team – Syracuse or Florida. Te fact that Syracuse would be closer is totally irrelevant.

We won't go undefeated in conference play. Just too difficult. My opinion, of course.

My confidence in our team increases by the day. I don't see us having several losses, nor do I think we will ever get waxed. Had to love Seth currys donut hole tonight. I don't ever again want to hear that he is better than Brandon.

They may have the #4 RPI but they lost to Indiana State and Florida Gulf Coast.
Florida Gulf Coast is a very good team for the mid major level, and when they played, the U was missing Shane Larkin for the game.

I think what yesterday tells us is that it's a long season and don't count t your eggs until the season is over.

Just stay within the top 3 seeds, & we're in a good position to go deep.

There is no team that is worthy of an exclusive 1 seed caliber. You could plug in 10 or more teams in the top seeds.