This Duke game could go a long way to help us with the #1 seed in the East. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This Duke game could go a long way to help us with the #1 seed in the East.

Duke needs to figure out how to win a road game before thinking about hanging on to a 1 seed.

I think what yesterday tells us is that it's a long season and don't count t your eggs until the season is over.
Exactly - starts with taking care of business early this Saturday vs. Nova.

Florida Gulf Coast is a very good team for the mid major level, and when they played, the U was missing Shane Larkin for the game.

Maybe the are. Still hard to rectify a team losing to a mid major then beating the #1 team in the country by 30.

Yeah, I think Florida is very good but playing in the SEC might hurt them. Just not a whole lot of chances for great wins. They are going to need to put up some real gaudy win totals (which they definitely are capable of) to get the 1 int he east

Yeah, I think Florida is very good but playing in the SEC might hurt them. Just not a whole lot of chances for great wins. They are going to need to put up some real gaudy win totals (which they definitely are capable of) to get the 1 int he east

The 2 games they have left against Kentucky dont hold any water or as much as they normally would. The SEC is the 8th ranked RPI conference. Let that roll off of your tongue. 8th.

The 2 games they have left against Kentucky dont hold any water or as much as they normally would. The SEC is the 8th ranked RPI conference. Let that roll off of your tongue. 8th.

I had to brush my tongue after that. I feel so dirty saying anything that has to do with UK.

Which is kind of a shame for Florida, because I really do think they are an elite team. But it's going to be tough.

Which is kind of a shame for Florida, because I really do think they are an elite team. But it's going to be tough.

Florida is certainly a solid team but no better than any of the top 7-8 teams in the country IMO.

Thats the beauty of college hoops this season. There is no one team that is head and shoulders above everyone else (like the paypals were last season). It is going to make for a very interesting and exciting finish/post season. I cant wait to see how it plays out.

Florida is certainly a solid team but no better than any of the top 7-8 teams in the country IMO.

Thats the beauty of college hoops this season. There is no one team that is head and shoulders above everyone else (like the paypals were last season). It is going to make for a very interesting and exciting finish/post season. I cant wait to see how it plays out.

That's all I'm saying; I think they are right there with the best teams in the country and may not get a chance to get a 1 seed because their league is pretty bad

Their resume would certainly be better if they had not choked away that game at Arizona.

if florida wins out theyll get a 1, but i doubt they will

yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If they run the table, sure, you can't keep them from a 1. But even when you are head and shoulders above the league, it's hard to run the table.

Then again, I just looked up their schedule on Ken pom; they close @ UK, where they are 79% to win. They play @Mizzou, 87% to win. Every other game is 90% or better. Maybe they can run the table...

Easy now. That's a bold statement. Sure you don't want to retract that!?
I for one am ok with this sentiment. There is not a game remaining they won't be favored in. Also, this is a very good team, and getting better. They improve with experience, they will improve when James returns, and they are getting some rest in the next couple of weeks. There is extra motivation to go out of the BE with a statement season, having lost only 1 last year, and with the home win streak, these guys are motivated to reach that high level of play needed to run the regular season table. The games at MSG will be another story, but I can see them going unbeaten until then.

I for one am ok with this sentiment. There is not a game remaining they won't be favored in. Also, this is a very good team, and getting better. They improve with experience, they will improve when James returns, and they are getting some rest in the next couple of weeks. There is extra motivation to go out of the BE with a statement season, having lost only 1 last year, and with the home win streak, these guys are motivated to reach that high level of play needed to run the regular season table. The games at MSG will be another story, but I can see them going unbeaten until then.
Sorry, unfortunately humanity has yet to invent a sarcasm font

that total beat down i'd hope "chute and ladders" duke way back to around the 10 spot. 2 true road games. 2 losses.

I'd like to get a statement from Jimmy Dykes on that 8th ranked rpi.