This game isn't even close... | Syracusefan.com

This game isn't even close...

It's so nice to have these huge bodies on our roster that we can actually use unlike prior years.

Yea, SU has been playing a lot of people who aren't centers at center, and that isn't a recipe for success. In general the best SU teams have had two real centers playing the position (not to say they were always great, just that they were centers who boeheim trusted enough not to retreat to more skilled offensive players):
11-12 had fab and baye
9-10 ao and Jackson
03 mcforth
96 Otis hill and JB Reaf

...if Huerter was on our side. That being said, I'm enjoying watching this year's team. It's nice to have Centers with a little bit of skill.
Huerter can shoot, and I wish he wore orange, but he struggles on defense against quicker guards.

I really felt like we kicked that team's ass
Even Ellis said it seemed like we were up 10.

Other than Huerter hitting those massive 3s and Fernando occasionally around the rim - Maryland didn't do much. I thought we'd see way more from Jackson.

Huerter can shoot, and I wish he wore orange, but he struggles on defense against quicker guards.
He would be great for us though in the zone and with the drive and dish open looks he would get. That said we can live with a kid making 35 footers. Percentages usually bode well for us on those.

It's kind of funny hearing Maryland fans talk about how they had a good gameplan for the Zone.

Yeah having a kid shoot 7-9 from three is a solid gameplan.
It is when a kid makes them from closer to half court than the 3 pt line. And if the opposing coach isn't as stuborn, err confident and stays in the zone. 95% of all others would gasp as the shots fell and switched to m-2-m to stop it.

It's kind of funny hearing Maryland fans talk about how they had a good gameplan for the Zone.

Yeah having a kid shoot 7-9 from three is a solid gameplan.
They did attack the zone well in the first half. Their offense in the second half was primarily Heurter, launching 28-footers.

This game was great preparation for ACC play.

Doubt we see a better shooting display this year than what we saw from Huerter. They had guys to put at the foul line and quick guards. Biggest thing I saw was the fact Chukwu/Sidibe were very effective against big P5 post players. Fernando/Obi etc are no joke and both our Centers blocked shots, rebounded and finished around the rim.

Even Ellis said it seemed like we were up 10.

Other than Huerter hitting those massive 3s and Fernando occasionally around the rim - Maryland didn't do much. I thought we'd see way more from Jackson.

For all the hype that kid received early in the year he’s pretty overrated. He’s their fourth best player at best shooting 36%. Fernando, Huerter, and Cowan make that team go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom