This is a dead season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

This is a dead season

well the thread title says wasted season .. defense is part of the team that comprises the season...

you sort of did though be making the title of the thread “wasted season” of the D is good enough to win games despite the offense, then the title is erroneous
Semantics.

Yeah if the defense gets 4 turnovers every week we can win games.
Our offense sucked again today.

Thank goodness for Tucker.
We were outgained by over 100 yards.
We had 14 first downs the entire game.
But you got me.

I am glad we won but this wasn’t a good offensive performance.

Our defense was elite for the 3rd consecutive week and I never complained about the defense.

You stated this was a dead season.

We won today. Of course, you leave out the two 40+ TD throws and you don’t seem to appreciate that the team scored 37 points from all sides.

That’s why headlines like “This is a dead season” are ridiculous and clearly, way off. Try to enjoy something!

Ah, the classic freezing cold take zombie thread revival after a win.

Agree still not good offense, but some improvement, with two weeks before game four I hope we get back a couple OLmen, more practice time for offense, and a better offensive scheme. Devito in my opinion is not what we expected him to be, mainly because of bad decision making.
Thought OL played much better today. TD decision making will be the biggest issue all season in my opinion.

Yeah if the defense gets 4 turnovers every week we can win games.
Our offense sucked again today.

Thank goodness for Tucker.
We were outgained by over 100 yards.
We had 14 first downs the entire game.
But you got me.

I am glad we won but this wasn’t a good offensive performance.

Our defense was elite for the 3rd consecutive week and I never complained about the defense.
This. But where I find encouragement is there were visible adjustment in the approach on O, as well as gameplanning. I bet we see a better O after bye. Im feeling better. It’ll get better.

I don't think he's that far off, if defense doesn't play lights out like they did odds are we don't win, I think more people commentating had a bit more of a reasonable response, I liked the matchup of our Defense vs GT offense, I wouldn't think we will be winning 4 more games GT is in year 2 of a huge rebuild but today was a positive, still a lot to improve upon. Look what mike leach is doing @LSU right now in year one, year 5 babers we should be a lot better than we are.

Another example of people overexaggerating and saying the sky is falling when they need to sit back and wait for things to unfold and the way the game unfolded today, it’s the perfect example of some’s people stupidity

some’s people stupidity
tenor (4).gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom