This is a sad day for college sports | Syracusefan.com

This is a sad day for college sports

Orangemen

All Conference
It's the right thing, no question.

But everything about this is depressing.

But it's a happy day for the families of all of those children who were sexually abused on the Penn State campus, while Paterno complicitly allowed Sandusky access to football program facilities over the years since the allegations first came to his attention.

it's not a sad day when justice is served. it was a sad day when crimes were committed and covered up, which led to the requirement of a day like today.

But it's a happy day for the families of all of those children who were sexually abused on the Penn State campus, while Paterno complicitly allowed Sandusky access to football program facilities over the years since the allegations first came to his attention.
It will be a happy day, once these perpetrator's are finally bought to justice.

It's sad that any of this BS happened.

People who deserve to be taken down are being taken down, and that is good, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a sad situation at best.

I can't imagine looking at this as anything other than a sad show.

But what do I know, party on...

It's sad that any of this BS happened.

People who deserve to be taken down are being taken down, and that is good, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a sad situation at best.

I can't imagine looking at this as anything other than a sad show.

But what do I know, party on...

Screw that--it's only sad if what Paterno stood for and his accomplishments as a head coach define his legacy. Sadly, both have been rendered meaningless by his immoral conduct.

This is not a man to be pitied, he is someone to be vilified--and that's exactly what is happening. In the court of public opinion, he is being crucified -- justifiably, IMHO.

100% agree RF. A sad day for paterno?? Who cares, How many peoples lives were ruined by his inaction? I wish I could have been the guy to fire him.

Agree, this is more of a disgusting series of events in the history of our country, let alone college football. Power allowed this to happen, but the kids still suffered. It is sickening.

F JoePa and the PSU Administration.

Lenn Robbins tweeted that this is the saddest day ever in the history of college football. Fortunately someone reminded him of Marshall. A doddering old man who enabled a child molester for 13 years finally lost the job for which he hasn't been qualified in about 7 years or more. F him. He's going to have to answer to God at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom