This is all going to hell in a hand basket... | Syracusefan.com

This is all going to hell in a hand basket...

OburgOrange

Living Legend
EO, Allen, Hack, Marrone, Gus....when is the other shoe, or shoes going to drop?!

Roll back the tape to yesterday's euphoria. I liked it a lot better.

images

I think, technically, its going to a hand basket in hell. Better than a wastebasket but you're still in hell.

EO, Allen, Hack, Marrone, Gus....when is the other shoe, or shoes going to drop?!

One HUGE thing - we now have an amazingly energetic, passionate, natural leader in Scott Shafer leading us through the fog. No doubt in my mind that he will lead us to the light. He is a way bigger deal than all of this other stuff IMHO.

Gus, Allen, and EO have never played a down in college football. If u knw they are going to be superstars, what Lotto #'s should I play? ;) Marrone, Hack didn't want to be here, so glad they got the opportunity to leave. I want people here to bleed Orange!!!

Gus, Allen, and EO have never played a down in college football. If u knw they are going to be superstars, what Lotto #'s should I play? ;) Marrone, Hack didn't want to be here, so glad they got the opportunity to leave. I want people here to bleed Orange!!!
Well, apparently we wanted them pretty bad, and they wanted to be here - at some point.

Hope we can lock down Gus and LaRay. Add in a couple more guys that new coaches find/have relationships with. We will be alright.

Well, apparently we wanted them pretty bad, and they wanted to be here - at some point.
I'm not going to argue with you. Yes wld be nice if they were all coming but they aren't. I can't live thinking 'What if'. Hope you understand.

I'm not going to argue with you. Yes wld be nice if they were all coming but they aren't. I can't live thinking 'What if'. Hope you understand.
I get it, but I could see good things finally starting to happen, and boom!

idk but i have a bad feeling now about the football program as a whole,feel like everything bad that can happen now is gonna snowball

And now they don't and know we don't. Move on and find the next available player that will play his heart out for SU.

Very soon the ax will severe what little tissue remains connecting the head to the rest of the body BUT WAIT There is a consolation prize with respect to the QB position . Little loved Austin Wilson isn't Troy Nunes in disguise. This kid has a quality arm In some respects with regards to touch,he might be better than Zach.No this isn't rationalizing a bad day in Orangeland. Its sucked in this town since the fact about Doug came out of the closet.The fact is Syracuse was always the path to the nfl which has always been his "dream job"On top of that he stripped us of the OC that pretty much made him stand outA few weeks before LOI day he breaks our backs in Div1 by jumping. Sure he had a right to do so but he could have requsted the announcement to be held off for a couple weeks if he was serious about his old school. Only a complete fool could have predicted what has transpired since the announcement.couchburn

Grob's QB might end up a 1st Round draft pick.

The only people in this class I really care about are the big uglies and the linebackers. We have enough skill players until the next class.

If this is another Ray Rice moment, pack it up.

CUSE will never compete with inferior recruits, & we will have similar numbers to the GROB years.

Shafer can possibly produce good defensive numbers, but you can't win more than 4 or 5 games with a non-existent offense.

The end might truly be near...

On top of that he stripped us of the OC that pretty much made him stand outA few weeks before LOI day he breaks our backs in Div1 by jumping. Sure he had a right to do so but he could have requsted the announcement to be held off for a couple weeks if he was serious about his old school. Only a complete fool could have predicted what has transpired since the announcement.couchburn

As of now how many coaches did he take? I think 1, how many head coaches take a new head coach position and do not take any from old staff...I would say that is rare. So your solution is to lead kids on to think OC is still hear until after they sign and than anounce, that is far more sleezy than 2 coaches taking a promotion and

If this is another Ray Rice moment, pack it up.

CUSE will never compete with inferior recruits, & we will have similar numbers to the GROB years.

Shafer can possibly produce good defensive numbers, but you can't win more than 4 or 5 games with a non-existent offense.

The end might truly be near...

Lots of assumptions in there ace. At worst, we just don't know what kind of offense we'll have.

Plus, we did pretty well with a Grob recruit at QB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom