This is insane... | Syracusefan.com

This is insane...

T

TCuse99

Long time lurker, short time poster. Been a donor and a season ticket holder forever. Met Jim so many times and love him to death.

But it's time. No this is not another Jimmy B must go thread. It's just a saD time. To see a team completely done in early January is not what we do here. Lineups are a coin flip. Tenured guys not just benched but exiled (Coleman, robey). Inability to make a single adjustment. Never seen anything like it.

Maybe we can pull off miracles but when u get blown out by BC and St John's that says it all. We have no Flow, no chemistry and no heart. Grad transfers are futile in our system since they can't play D in the zone. I dunno. Just venting I guess. Crowds will be small, fan boards will be brutal.

CUSE is all we have here in the winter and that is already dead. Yes, dead. Jimmy, do the school right and hang em up. Maybe during the season. It's not quitting, it's doing what's right.

I am at the point that I totally agree with your thread. It is right on point. This has nothing to do with love for JB, what he has done for this program, what his legacy is or when he deserves to decide. I do not believe that he wakes up anymore and loves what he is doing, and I think it shows. He always said he would know when it is time, and I believe we are seeing that time is now. It shows in his body language. Go enjoy watching your kids play, and spend time with your family, and doing other things you love. You have earned it, and we will always love you, and love what you have done for our school, and our program. NCAA infractions are taking a toll on our play right now, and I think you will get wins back after you leave. Hopefully you can even get to the 1000 first, and then step aside. I would love you to have that threshold when the NCAA wakes up and returns your rightful wins.

Sad is right. Nobody wants to see this. Nobody wants to witness a legend go out this way.

There are no signs this improves this year or next. This team isn't responding and probably just isn't good enough. The longer this lasts, the harder it'll be for Hop and the more likely people will drag down his legacy, whether that's fair or not.

Sad is right. Nobody wants to see this. Nobody wants to witness a legend go out this way.

There are no signs this improves this year or next. This team isn't responding and probably just isn't good enough. The longer this lasts, the harder it'll be for Hop and the more likely people will drag down his legacy, whether that's fair or not.
Well said.

I am at the point that I totally agree with your thread. It is right on point. This has nothing to do with love for JB, what he has done for this program, what his legacy is or when he deserves to decide. I do not believe that he wakes up anymore and loves what he is doing, and I think it shows. He always said he would know when it is time, and I believe we are seeing that time is now. It shows in his body language. Go enjoy watching your kids play, and spend time with your family, and doing other things you love. You have earned it, and we will always love you, and love what you have done for our school, and our program. NCAA infractions are taking a toll on our play right now, and I think you will get wins back after you leave. Hopefully you can even get to the 1000 first, and then step aside. I would love you to have that threshold when the NCAA wakes up and returns your rightful wins.
I disagree that he no longer loves what he is doing. Yes his body language, especially during pressers, reflects his frustration but watching him coach I see a guy really trying. I noticed yesterday, kids seem to get a longer "leash" Howard threw a bad pass that was intercepted and he didn't get yanked. It appeared to me that JB is doing less yelling than years before but seems more patient trying to teach during time outs. This does not mean I think he should retire, I think he should think harder on it than ever before. Coaching change is in place (love it or hate it) his kid is playing ball. Good time to relax.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom