This is not kind...but it's reality! | Syracusefan.com

This is not kind...but it's reality!

BillSU

All American
I don't think I have been this emotionally involved in a game as I was in this one and feel as badly as I do right now. Really too bad but there were reasons, all dumb IMHO.

Among other things in South Carolina today - my sister who lives in Clemson is going to stick it to me, that's the funny part BUT:

This has been said before. “YOU CANNOT WIN GAMES MAKING STUPID PENALTIES, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE AHEAD vs. CLEMSON.” AND VETTERELLO, #52, CAN’T HIKE THE BALL ALMOST OVER SHRADER’S HEAD. VETTORELLO HAS BEEN CALLED FOR MOVING THE BALL OR SOME PART OF HIMSELF IN ALMOST EVERY GAME. HE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE MESSAGE BY NOW. BUT IT'S NOT ALL HIS FAULT - TOO MANY F****** TEAM PENALTIES!

AND YOU HAVE TO CATCH THE BALL, I FORGET WHO THE WR WAS ON THE PLAY, BUT IT WAS THROWN PURPOSELY LOW TO STAY AWAY FROM THEIR DB. WE LOOKED GREAT IN THE FIRST HALF BUT THE PLAY IN THE SECOND STUNK.

SHRADER WAS VERY GOOD TODAY ASIDE FROM THE LATE INT. I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE GAME PLAN WAS BUT TUCKER DISAPPEARED, A DECOY PERHAPS?

ANAE’S PLAN WOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME IF NOT FOR ALL THE HOLDING, FALSE START, ETC. CALLS. WHAT A GAME TO SHOOT OURSELVES IN THE FOOT.

THE REFS DID NOT CALL A PENALTY ON CLEMSON WHEN THEY THREW SHRADER OOB THE WAY CUNDIFF #99 DID TO STALL A DRIVE.

WE DO THIS NEXT WEEK, WE LOSE TO ND AND LOSING TO THEM WOULD BE VERY BAD.

AN AMAZING THROW AND CATCH LATE IN THE GAME THAT CHANGED AN INCOMPLETE TO COMPLETE.

VERY DISAPPOINTING, I THOUGHT 37 WAS ENDING FOR THEM TODAY, I THOUGHT THERE WAS A CHANCE WE WERE GOING TO RUN THE TABLE – NOT.

WE BEGIN AGAIN NEXT WEEK AND WE HAVE TO LET IT GO. 11-1 WOULDN'T BE BAD NOW THAT EVERYONE HAS SEEN THAT WE ARE NOT A FLUKE BUT VERY FOR REAL.

GOTTA MOVE ON BUT W/O PENALTIES, DUH!

I don't think I have been this emotionally involved in a game as I was in this one and feel as badly as I do right now. Really too bad but there were reasons, all dumb IMHO.

Among other things in South Carolina today - my sister who lives in Clemson is going to stick it to me, that's the funny part BUT:

This has been said before. “YOU CANNOT WIN GAMES MAKING STUPID PENALTIES, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE AHEAD vs. CLEMSON.” AND VETTERELLO, #52, CAN’T HIKE THE BALL ALMOST OVER SHRADER’S HEAD. VETTORELLO HAS BEEN CALLED FOR MOVING THE BALL OR SOME PART OF HIMSELF IN ALMOST EVERY GAME. HE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE MESSAGE BY NOW. BUT IT'S NOT ALL HIS FAULT - TOO MANY F****** TEAM PENALTIES!

AND YOU HAVE TO CATCH THE BALL, I FORGET WHO THE WR WAS ON THE PLAY, BUT IT WAS THROWN PURPOSELY LOW TO STAY AWAY FROM THEIR DB. WE LOOKED GREAT IN THE FIRST HALF BUT THE PLAY IN THE SECOND STUNK.

SHRADER WAS VERY GOOD TODAY ASIDE FROM THE LATE INT. I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE GAME PLAN WAS BUT TUCKER DISAPPEARED, A DECOY PERHAPS?

ANAE’S PLAN WOULD HAVE WON THAT GAME IF NOT FOR ALL THE HOLDING, FALSE START, ETC. CALLS. WHAT A GAME TO SHOOT OURSELVES IN THE FOOT.

THE REFS DID NOT CALL A PENALTY ON CLEMSON WHEN THEY THREW SHRADER OOB THE WAY CUNDIFF #99 DID TO STALL A DRIVE.

AN AMAZING THROW AND CATCH LATE IN THE GAME THAT CHANGED AN INCOMPLETE TO COMPLETE.

VERY DISAPPOINTING, I THOUGHT 37 WAS ENDING FOR THEM TODAY, I THOUGHT THERE WAS A CHANCE WE WERE GOING TO RUN THE TABLE – NOT.

WE BEGIN AGAIN NEXT WEEK AND WE HAVE TO LET IT GO. 11-1 WOULDN'T BE BAD NOW THAT EVERYONE HAS SEEN THAT WE ARE NOT A FLUKE BUT VERY FOR REAL.

Why are you yelling?

Yeah, the Vetterello penalties are maddening. I've been watching SU football for over 30 years now, and I'm sure I saw fewer than 5 false start/illegal snap penalties called on the center for both SU and all other teams I've watched in that time prior to this year. I know I've seen more than that for him just this year and am pretty sure he had at least two in one game earlier this year. How hard is it to not move the ball or yourself prematurely when your the one deciding when to snap the ball?

I whole heartedly agree. Hoed goes off sides in every game. We had a receiver wide open in end zone in last play but was starring at Gadsden in a quadruple coverage lol. Bad call on their qb on sideline and non call on ours but What was Wax thinking. In what game ever would u be dumb enough to grab a kids mask and slamm his head down in front of the Refs. One of the dumbest things I have ever seen. Drives me nuts cause I love the kid. Tucker has to be hurt as we never gave option to him and they knew it in the end. Great game. We shoulda won but penalties killed us. Not refs. Let’s kick N D ass.

I whole heartedly agree. Hoed goes off sides in every game. We had a receiver wide open in end zone in last play but was starring at Gadsden in a quadruple coverage lol. Bad call on their qb on sideline and non call on ours but What was Wax thinking. In what game ever would u be dumb enough to grab a kids mask and slamm his head down in front of the Refs. One of the dumbest things I have ever seen. Drives me nuts cause I love the kid. Tucker has to be hurt as we never gave option to him and they knew it in the end. Great game. We shoulda won but penalties killed us. Not refs. Let’s kick N D ass.
“ Slam his head down”. LOL! That was the most pity pat call in the entire game. What were you watching?

We have shot our selves in the foot in every game but UCONN and Loserville. We're good enough to overcome it against those teams. Not good enough to overcome it against Clemson however.
In years past, we lose all those other games because of all the penalties.
I guess that shows improvement.

It's time for another replacement for Elmore. Forgot his name, but he gets at least 2 penalties a game. Just block dude, that's all you need to do.
Agree

He grabbed his mask up 5 to 6 inches and slammed his head down. My point being is it was dumb. He didn’t kill the kid But why would u do that at all especially at that point in the game. It was really dumb.

No he didn’t. Lol.

1666571244376.gif

Wow! He lifted his head at least 2ft off the ground. Unreal!
He didn't lift his head and slam it down, but that doesn't matter. There was no reason to stick his fingers in his mask. It was unsportsmanlike comduct.

He didn't lift his head and slam it down, but that doesn't matter. There was no reason to stick his fingers in his mask. It was unsportsmanlike comduct.

Just following the thread I’m replying directly to the post that he lifted his head off the ground.

We have shot our selves in the foot in every game but UCONN and Loserville. We're good enough to overcome it against those teams. Not good enough to overcome it against Clemson however.
it won’t be good enough from here on out, save for maybe BC.

it won’t be good enough from here on out, save for maybe BC.
Yes. The excessive penalties are just part of our DNA at this point. Not sure why it hasn't been corrected yet, but if they haven't gotten it corrected by week 7 then I'm guessing it's just part of who this team is.

I always wonder if refs talk to each other and give tips to look for on players? Vet seems to have their attention for some reason. It kind of reminds me of when WR Ishmail (sp) played and refs constantly called him for offensive pass interference while others seemed to get away with it constantly.

The call on Vet last game was absurd. Just a terrible call. I’m pretty sure they replayed it and on slow mo I did not personally see him move, did anyone see him move?

I feel like every football game I watch the centers are always moving around and turning their heads backwards, bobbing up and down, these calls on Vet are crazy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom