This is one of those times in life, where you'd be happy to eat crow. | Syracusefan.com

This is one of those times in life, where you'd be happy to eat crow.

OrangeCrush22

All Conference
I hope I'm completely off, but it seems like the damage is done. The public will be cracking jokes about this until Boeheim retires, even if untrue.

I also want to point out some of the hypocrisy I'm seeing. When the Penn State allegations came forward everyone hopped all over them. When it happens to us though, we just need to calm down and observe the situation. You sound like the Penn State students you were just mocking the other day.

Caution is well advised - including jumping to premature conclusions. That said - this is not feeling like Penn State. For everyone's sake I hope the allegations are not true and that ESPN's new owner will be a certain big man coach.

No way. 2 completely different situations. I don't see 2 clowns making up nonsense all over tv regarding the PSU allegations...one of them appearing drunk.

I hope I'm completely off, but it seems like the damage is done. The public will be cracking jokes about this until Boeheim retires, even if untrue.

I also want to point out some of the hypocrisy I'm seeing. When the Penn State allegations came forward everyone hopped all over them. When it happens to us though, we just need to calm down and observe the situation. You sound like the Penn State students you were just mocking the other day.

Everyone hopped all over PSU because there was already a Grand Jury Indictment! Can we stop comparing these two cases please... I think most of us would rather see Due Process occur before making conclusions about the situation, but as more and more comes out, the more I stand behind Bernie Fine. And we all hold the right to change our opinions if more information is made available to us. But right now, all we have is what is currently out there.

The difference is that there are no charges against Bernie yet. Only accusations.

If there are any charges in the future, then we can compare how we act to what's been going on with Penn State fans.

No way. 2 completely different situations. I don't see 2 clowns making up nonsense all over tv regarding the PSU allegations...one of them appearing drunk.
I only caught part of one of the interviews. It seems like I missed a doozy though.

Well, in one case, we have eyewitnesses. We have Grand Jury sworn testimony. In another case we have a kid that may be telling the truth but when he made these charges years ago, ESPN, the Post Standard and Syracuse University couldn't find one person to back him up. Not until a relative made the same charges. Other then that, they are exactly the same.

The Penn State students didn't want to calm down and observe the situation. They wanted to shout confused things in little-girl voices at a press conference, then go out and smash up their town.

I thought the same thing about the "point shaving" last year, how at the very least the laptop thieves or Georgetown dipshits would never let it go.

Forgot about it until tonight.

If an investigation proves the university or people within the program looked the other way while child abuse was occurring, like at PSU, welp, I'll start the petition to drop to the Empire 8.

PSU football... burn it down, salt the earth.

Complete apples and oranges. One is thru the GJ and 99% of the free world can see there is a LOT behind the PSU thing. It has run far and deep. Here, we have 2 brothers making claims that were previously debunked. Not even close. PSU is garbage. I'll reserve judgment here until we learn more, but I just don't see it ever getting to PSU proportions even if true.

I buy part of that (which I think is your broader point), but I don't buy all of it. At PSU the University was complicit in hiding the truth and not operating in a manner that was in line with the law. To this point, it appears as if SU took all the appropriate steps including involving the police.

While unfortunately similar, there are also huge differences.

44cuse

Again, why can't some of you see that this is very different?

If you were paying attention, the immediate reaction was very anti-Bernie (myself included). That is 180 degrees opposite PSU.

Then it was learned that three separate entities investigated a half decade ago and found no proof whatsoever.

It is that which makes things very different from PSU and has caused reasonable people to put down the pitchforks for the time being.

I don't see why that is so hard for some folks to understand and why they think that action is the same as what happened at PSU. I assure you that if something more concrete comes out, the pitchforks will be raised immediately. Again, very different from PSU.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie, at first I put a lot of credence in this story. Didn't think a guy would randomly come forward like this and lie. (I know it's been done before, but still).

The more that comes out, the more my opinion is changing. It seems like no matter if it's true or not, SU handled it well. They investigated, they were given names by the original accuser of people who would back up his story, and none of them did. Other outlets investigated, and found nothing else to it. That doesn't mean there was nothing to it, but it doesn't look like a coverup.

This, right now, is different than the PSU case. The general public found out about this much much much later in the process; we had a grand jury, a third party eye witness who saw this, etc. We're obviously in the early stages of this investigation, so we aren't close to stuff like that happening, if it ever will.

I still think Bernie should go on leave, even if he's innocent. Better for everyone, I think. If he's exonerated and no one else comes forward, he comes back. If these allegations are true, he and anyone else who knew is gone.