This is Sad | Syracusefan.com

This is Sad

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
The last 20 Seconds of the game.

0:20 66-63 Tyler Ennis missed Jumper.
0:20 66-63 Jerami Grant Offensive Rebound.
0:15 66-63 Jerami Grant missed Jumper.
0:15 66-63 Trevor Cooney Offensive Rebound.
0:13 66-63 Tyler Ennis missed Three Point Jumper.
0:13 66-63 Rakeem Christmas Offensive Rebound.
0:12 66-63 Trevor Cooney missed Three Point Jumper.
0:12 66-63 Jerami Grant Offensive Rebound.
0:10 66-63 C.J. Fair missed Three Point Jumper.
0:10 66-63 Tyler Ennis Offensive Rebound.
0:07 66-63 Trevor Cooney missed Three Point Jumper.
0:07 NC State Defensive Rebound. 66-63

you beat me to it.

That was a monster jam (miss) too.
That actually was the biggest surprise in the sequence (other than TC passing up a wide open three right after the missed dunk), Grant has been huge for us and shocked he missed it. Not like him. Would have kept us alive

What it also means is that taking away those last 20 seconds- that during the previous 39 minutes and 40 seconds of the game:

Jerami Grant made 5 out of 6 shots but had 13 foul shots - had to foul him to stop him?
Trevor Cooney only took 4 shots making 1
Rakeem Christmas had only 3 rebounds and 1 field goal out of 4 attempts in 21 minutes
Baye Moussa Keita also had only 3 rebounds and missed his only shot in 19 minutes
Michael Gbinije had only 1 less field goal in his 12 minutes (2) than CJ did in his 40 (3)
Excluding Tyler Ennis the rest of the team had only 2 assists
We were outrebounded
We had more steals, blocks, foul shots and less turnovers than NC St

The last 20 Seconds of the game....

and Gerry Trevor Cooney's misses were absolutely abysmal! He didn't even hit the rim. ... ... .. but you know what, nothing is going to change. JB is a creature of habit and will not change so let's hope Trevor starts hitting; CJ finds his shot (he will) and Grant start playing like Grant can.

Flora'cuse said:
and Gerry Trevor Cooney's misses were absolutely abysmal! He didn't even hit the rim. ... ... .. but you know what, nothing is going to change. JB is a creature of habit and will not change so let's hope Trevor starts hitting; CJ finds his shot (he will) and Grant start playing like Grant can.

Except for CJ's squared up look, none if those in that sequence were even "shots". We were just throwing it up towards the basket out if control. It's why I think we should hVe called TO.

The last 20 Seconds of the game.

0:20 66-63 Tyler Ennis missed Jumper.
0:20 66-63 Jerami Grant Offensive Rebound.
0:15 66-63 Jerami Grant missed Jumper.
0:15 66-63 Trevor Cooney Offensive Rebound.
0:13 66-63 Tyler Ennis missed Three Point Jumper.
0:13 66-63 Rakeem Christmas Offensive Rebound.
0:12 66-63 Trevor Cooney missed Three Point Jumper.
0:12 66-63 Jerami Grant Offensive Rebound.
0:10 66-63 C.J. Fair missed Three Point Jumper.
0:10 66-63 Tyler Ennis Offensive Rebound.
0:07 66-63 Trevor Cooney missed Three Point Jumper.
0:07 NC State Defensive Rebound. 66-63

A few of those listed times are inaccurate. It didn't take Grant 5 seconds to miss a putback dunk, Cooney got the rebound at 19 seconds, Ennis rebounded at around 7, NC St got the ball with about 1.5 left. Hell, if NC St got the ball with 7 seconds left as listed, we still would've had a chance to win.

Except for CJ's squared up look, none if those in that sequence were even "shots". We were just throwing it up towards the basket out if control. It's why I think we should hVe called TO.

I don't know, Grant was squared up for the jam. How he missed that I'll never know, that was just one of those things, him eyes were real big just then, he could see the DA DA DA DA DA DA highlight reel and forgot to make the shot.

And yeah , I was sure CJ's was going in, square, alone , but alas, now we need to win in the big dance.

This is Sad

Here's a video posted by poc44 last night that works for me:

I am in no way making fun of the players or the coach. It's just, ya gotta laugh sometimes.

A time out should have been called at some point. Maybe not when bringing it up, maybe not when Tyler missed, but at some point. There was too much time left for that end of the game nonsense.

A time out should have been called at some point. Maybe not when bringing it up, maybe not when Tyler missed, but at some point. There was too much time left for that end of the game nonsense.

Agree. Wouldn't a TO with a scripted play be better than just chucking the ball in the general direction of the rim? I don't get it at all.

I don't know, Grant was squared up for the jam. How he missed that I'll never know, that was just one of those things, him eyes were real big just then, he could see the DA DA DA DA DA DA highlight reel and forgot to make the shot.

And yeah , I was sure CJ's was going in, square, alone , but alas, now we need to win in the big dance.

Yea, I wasn't really counting grants. Just the hurried chuck it up shots.

Agree. Wouldn't a TO with a scripted play be better than just chucking the ball in the general direction of the rim? I don't get it at all.
Thankyou. I mentioned that earlier

The problem was not the shot selections. The problem was the thinking about the shot selections. Thinking for some can be a like a disease.

obliterata said:
A few of those listed times are inaccurate. It didn't take Grant 5 seconds to miss a putback dunk, Cooney got the rebound at 19 seconds, Ennis rebounded at around 7, NC St got the ball with about 1.5 left. Hell, if NC St got the ball with 7 seconds left as listed, we still would've had a chance to win.

I think maybe you are focusing on tue wrong things here.

On a side note, does anyone miss on more dunk attempts than we do?

I think maybe you are focusing on tue wrong things here.

Well, I just wanted to mention that some of the times that the media had were incorrect.

As far as focusing on the right things is concerned, inbounding the ball down 3 with 24.6 seconds on the clock gives a team a lot of options on how to handle the situation - I think you can even get 3 good scoring opportunities while the opposition shoots 4 free throws during that time, if that's the strategy the coach wants to use.

It started out alright but after Cooney got the rebound at slightly over 19 seconds it was something I'd expect from a Rutgers or mid-major.

The best chance to get an open look from 3 typically comes off an offensive rebound, so calling a TO in that situation is pretty dumb. Cooney had an open look, which for some reason he passed up, and Fair had a great look.

Where was NCSTs defense in those 26 seconds? Were they as flabbergasted as the viewers wondering how many shots/rebounds Cuse could get in the span of half a minute?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom