This is so much fun... thank you to Babers and the Seniors | Syracusefan.com

This is so much fun... thank you to Babers and the Seniors

Rocco

Watching you.
Playing respectable and winning football. It's been a brutal run for us diehard fans, but man oh man, Dino Babers has reincarnated the sleeping giant we affectionately call Syracuse Football.

2 more gigantic games ahead, but none bigger than next weekend against ND. We've already turned a bunch of heads, but let's really make a presence in the college football landscape with a marquee win against a very, very good football team. I have the faith if we play solid football on all 3 sides.

This truly has been such a fun run this season. We're so lucky to have Babers, his culture and system on the Hill.

Playing respectable and winning football. It's been a brutal run for us diehard fans, but man oh man, Dino Babers has reincarnated the sleeping giant we affectionately call Syracuse Football.

2 more gigantic games ahead, but none bigger than next weekend against ND. We've already turned a bunch of heads, but let's really make a presence in the college football landscape with a marquee win against a very, very good football team. I have the faith if we play solid football on all 3 sides.

This truly has been such a fun run this season. We're so lucky to have Babers, his culture and system on the Hill.

You know he is going to emphasize that they can't take their foot off the pedal like they did in the fourth quarter today. We got very sloppy late. I really thought Tommy should have gotten a couple series. There is no risk of a QB controversy at this point, although Eric is back to "bad-throwing Eric" again for the second week in a row. He threw well behind 2 or 3 receivers that I can think of.

It really does feel amazing to go into each Saturday with the belief we can win. It's honestly been a long time since I've felt that way. I have thoroughly enjoyed this season.

Here's to hoping our success this season is not over and also that it continues into the future seasons!

It really does feel amazing to go into each Saturday with the belief we can win. It's honestly been a long time since I've felt that way. I have thoroughly enjoyed this season.

Here's to hoping our success this season is not over and also that it continues into the future seasons!

We owe so much to Dungey, Dino and the seniors for instilling the culture, believing in themselves and seeing it through. 8-2 with two huge games left to play for, on national TV, where people will be excited to watch us. It hasn't been this much fun in a generation. Even in the Marrone/Nassib years, I didn't feel like we were building up the roster talent with big, strong, fast kids. Marrone got off to a good start, but then seemed like he stopped caring about recruiting. Shafer took whoever he could get. Some really good kids. Some kids unsuited to the ACC. Dino is recruiting rangy guys with speed, good feet, who can fill out.

usa_today_11629558.0.jpg

I think this is the perfect picture for Dungey's last game. That's pretty close to a perfect heisman pose. Awesome job from all the seniors today (Slayton needs some more love, especially with what he does for the d-line and that blocked kick today).

usa_today_11629558.0.jpg

I think this is the perfect picture for Dungey's last game. That's pretty close to a perfect heisman pose. Awesome job from all the seniors today (Slayton needs some more love, especially with what he does for the d-line and that blocked kick today).

If I weren’t superstitious to a small degree, I would immediately change my avatar to this. But I can’t change a thing during this wild 2018 ride. It’s been amazing.

We owe so much to Dungey, Dino and the seniors for instilling the culture, believing in themselves and seeing it through. 8-2 with two huge games left to play for, on national TV, where people will be excited to watch us. It hasn't been this much fun in a generation. Even in the Marrone/Nassib years, I didn't feel like we were building up the roster talent with big, strong, fast kids. Marrone got off to a good start, but then seemed like he stopped caring about recruiting. Shafer took whoever he could get. Some really good kids. Some kids unsuited to the ACC. Dino is recruiting rangy guys with speed, good feet, who can fill out.

I agree. This is the perfect college coach. He teaches a run and gun offense, instills excitement and fun in the locker room with his fiery speeches and focuses on being a family (Ohana). It’s easier for kids to buy into that than at other schools.

If they announce an extension, I think recruiting explodes. I hope that happens. We can become a perennial Top 25 program again. This is the guy that will keep us there.

We owe so much to Dungey, Dino and the seniors for instilling the culture, believing in themselves and seeing it through. 8-2 ….. Even in the Marrone/Nassib years, I didn't feel like we were building up the roster talent with big, strong, fast kids. …..Dino is recruiting rangy guys with speed, good feet, who can fill out.

Mostly true, but a tad more complicated. Dino has built with a mixture -- starting with the best of Shafer's 2014 and 2015 classes, and adding a handful of JUCOs and grads who have made big contributions in key roles: Robinson at DE. Pierce at TE. Martin at OT. Guthrie at MLB. He has added a few rangy guys, but some of the undersized recruits ( Nykiem Johnson, Riley, Neal and the rail thin Taj Harris) have had big impact in Dino's schemes. His 2016 class produced Servais, Heckel and several DL including Coleman.

And, with recruiting the life blood of college football, Dino needs to work some magic in closing the 2019 class to build the roster.

Happy for the Seniors and to the fans who have stuck through the thick and mostly thin last two decades...Im going to enjoy this ride for as long as I can.....I hope its a long one!

Happy for the Seniors and to the fans who have stuck through the thick and mostly thin last two decades...Im going to enjoy this ride for as long as I can...I hope its a long one!

Amen. It’s been a brutal 15 years. Having so much fun watch this team compete and outplay most of their competition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom