This is the ceiling for the 2014-2015 team | Syracusefan.com

This is the ceiling for the 2014-2015 team

poc44

Scout Team
Hoping they can pull this out tonight. We are watching the ceiling of this team right now.

Agreed. See my thread: big props. We are battling but we just don't have enough fire power.

too bad we recruited chino and bj who suck,,, need another body out there. oh well

too bad we recruited chino and bj who suck,,, need another body out there. oh well
Did you say that after BJ had 19 and 9 the first game of the season and was averaging 9 and 8 before getting put on the bench for reasons I can't imagine? Can you play? You can't beat me let alone BJ. Let's put you in the game!!

Patterson has to give us something on offense. He's killing us out there.

He plays hard though, and is solid defensively. He actually tries to make some plays going to the hoop. imo we play better with him out there instead of Joseph. KJ just looks shell shocked.

Roberson is coming along nicely though.

Don't know if anyone else on the board saw it, but Derrick Coleman tweeted out "Who in the hell recruited Ron Patterson?" about midway through the 2nd half.

Don't know if anyone else on the board saw it, but Derrick Coleman tweeted out "Who in the hell recruited Ron Patterson?" about midway through the 2nd half.

What's even more terrifying is thinking about what we would look like if we didn't have him out there.

But DC's point is valid. This kid needs to make some shots or we will all question his ability to play at the D1 level.

Oh yea people think this board is bad, the ex-players are worse, and DC is the worst of all when it comes to attacking players.

You have some set of balls to call out our players like that. Do me a favor and NEVER COME BACK YOU. I for one don't need to see that crap on this board. When you can get a division 1 scholarship then you have the right to call out a player like that. Otherwise, ...

This is pretty much the good standard of howt not to criticize players for ten years running.

But feel free to do it anyway...especially when the kids dad posts here regularly!

Seriously, this is now the second thread of the day where BJ's dad has openly complained about his sons playing time on the forum. Whether you agree with him or not, it's bad for the program. If I were a reporter I'd be having a speculative field day. Any jerk who decided they want to mess with the program can copy n paste this thread and the UNC game thread to any blogger looking for a story, and suddenly we get "BJ Johnson Transferring?" headlines. The mods oughta clean that crap up and OGBJ oughta think about the sort of things he says publicly.

Post above was uncalled for. But, I really question having players' parents post (sorry for the alliteration).

Hoping they can pull this out tonight. We are watching the ceiling of this team right now.
That wasn't the ceiling. UNC (not a particularly good shooting team) shot the lights out for 40 minutes, and Britt had a career shooting night. This SU team is certainly not built to win an uptempo shootout, yet they nearly did. The officials also pulled a 180 after halftime and started blowing their whistles every 10 seconds after allowing both teams to play freely in the first half, and that didn't lend itself to SU playing as aggressive defensively as JB might have liked.

I try to be a little more respectful than saying a player sucks, but I don't think how we post should be based on whether or not players' parents are on the board. This is a board for people who want to discuss Syracuse basketball. The huge majority of us are not good enough to play D1 (I doubt I could make a D3 roster). This doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to critique players. Every player (with the possible exception of Christmas) is going to be criticized this year. I have respect for BJ and his Dad. But I think if he doesn't like seeing his son criticized, he probably shouldn't visit a message board about Syracuse basketball. I would probably feel the same way and certainly don't blame him for not liking the talk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom