This is what happens when you don't have your lead guard | Syracusefan.com

This is what happens when you don't have your lead guard

realorange

Living Legend
I said in a thread this afternoon that somehow we needed to make life difficult for Tre Jones. I certainly didn't want to see it the way it went.
But, it was a different Duke team without him.

And our lead guard finally showed he maybe ready to go!

Thank you Frank and LGO.

If you're willing to dive on the floor for a loose ball, you'd better know that others will, too. I don't like to see players get hurt, but you accept responsibility for how you play.

Game changed dramatically when Jones got hurt.
Game was unofficially over when Buddy banked home a 3.

Reactions: CIL
anyone want to start a gofundme for Frank's bounty?

He played 5 minutes but ok. How about this is what happens when u have a HOF coach AND your team doesnt quit on each other.
True that but Tre Jones has the keys to Duke's team. He will go top ten in the draft behind his more celebrated teammates.

I really don’t care. Sorry for the kid, but don’t feel bad for Duke. They were 17 point favorites. That’s like us losing to Cornell without Frank.

PG play wasn't their problem the ball got distributed and they scored points on our D which was OK.

Jones is tiny and doesn't play D. I don't think that had anything to do with the outcome.

Reddish not playing and Barrett being quiet despite an impressive stat sheet played into it. But Bolden was huge for them and that guy sucks. They had enough fire power to blow us out they didn't.

It was pretty clearly a separated shoulder live and I am sure he's gonna miss extended time. Look I am not cheering a kids injury but all of a sudden, to quote my avatar, we had a chance when he went down. 4 steals in 6 minutes. Maybe the NCAA want an asterisk on this one too.

But there were like 3-5 nutso terrible calls for Duke. How do you miss a carry over your shoulder, extra long well timed blinks?

PG play wasn't their problem the ball got distributed and they scored points on our D which was OK.

Jones is tiny and doesn't play D. I don't think that had anything to do with the outcome.

Reddish not playing and Barrett being quiet despite an impressive stat sheet played into it. But Bolden was huge for them and that guy sucks. They had enough fire power to blow us out they didn't.
Are you serious!!
Tre Jones is probably one of the top college defensive players today. His loss to Duke was huge. In the short time he was in there he had four steals and was at least partially the reason for Frank getting 3 quick fouls.

Are you serious!!
Tre Jones is probably one of the top college defensive players today. His loss to Duke was huge. In the short time he was in there he had four steals and was at least partially the reason for Frank getting 3 quick fouls.

OK its hard to judge their D when they are so much more loaded than everyone else. I take that back. Hes just undersized.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom