This is what March Madness is all about | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This is what March Madness is all about

Yea, I tune in for the first four, but for me, the real excitement starts thursday morning. I miss the years of being let into the bar at 8am, and not leaving until around 8pm

No doubt.

The first two days are great as it is an all day event. After that it loses a lot of luster and limps all the way to the final. Kinda funny how every other sport the 1st round is the boring round and the drama and intrigue build up to the finale. The NCAAT is the opposite, save for a Final Four run by a non P5 Cinderella.

The first two days are great as it is an all day event. After that it loses a lot of luster and limps all the way to the final. Kinda funny how every other sport the 1st round is the boring round and the drama and intrigue build up to the finale. The NCAAT is the opposite, save for a Final Four run by a non P5 Cinderella.

I would agree with one change - the first four days are all day events.

The first weekend is amazing, I love the upsets and close games. After that my attention wanes based on the matchups.
Exactly how I feel. I will watch all day Thursday through Sunday.

I would agree with one change - the first four days are all day events.

Saturday and Sunday there are other things to do besides sitting home or at a bar, especially if the weather is nice. Rarely is there a must watch game.

I also hate the format. The first 2 days you basically have 4 games on at a time noon to midnight. Saturday and Sunday is usually 1 game, then 2 games, then 3 games, then 2 games. Too great a chance that there isn't something good to watch. I am much more likely to check in at the end of the games vs watching noon to midnight.

IMO it would be more interesting to have a game at 5:15, 5:55, 6:35, 7:15, 7:55, 8:35, 9:15, 9:55. That staggers it enough and gives you 3 games to watch at a time. Does anyone really want to see Duke as the only game on? If the end of game is close, sure I'll watch. But the first 35 mins of the game I have zero interest.

I will watch the good match-ups and root for teams I hate to get stomped.

I'm shocked people said they wouldn't watch because Cuse isn't in it. I understand but that's crazy. Does that mean that you won't watch the Super Bowl because the Giants/Jets/Bills/insert team, have been eliminated? Well, March Madness is almost like 67 Super Bowls and there are 1000's of angles and stories. This is one of them. About the head coach of Longwood. Since no one knows anything about that team, now you can get to know about their head coach. Maybe we will see him in the future.

I honestly don't give a crap about any story lines. I just want to see good basketball.

Also, when I was running OrangeNation and got to know a bunch of reporters and media people, I learned firsthand that a lot of these storylines are pretty much totally made up. A guy I knew who went on to be pretty famous published at least 2 stories that I know to be 100% false. So yeah, I don't put a lot of stock into most of this stuff unless the story is transparently sourced.

I honestly don't give a crap about any story lines. I just want to see good basketball.

Also, when I was running OrangeNation and got to know a bunch of reporters and media people, I learned firsthand that a lot of these storylines are pretty much totally made up. A guy I knew who went on to be pretty famous published at least 2 stories that I know to be 100% false. So yeah, I don't put a lot of stock into most of this stuff unless the story is transparently sourced.
Pete Thamel is a liar?

i caught a few minutes of oregon/utah st just to watch Quincey play (28m 9/5). that was it for me.doubt i'll watch any games today. last kingdom is back with season 5.

It's a pretty good analogy. You.can still have fun bit it just isn't the same.

Quite honestly I recall it being much better that way some 20 years ago. Was very pleased with my decision that weekend.

Bryant plays tonite featuring the Pride of Liverpool, Jarred "Rollie" Grasso and the Peter Kiss army. That's good stuff.

i seem to recall this tune being played a ton as a lead intro in the tourney .
wiki says released 2005.
not sure why this one stands out in my memory. wasn't that when we lost to vermont ? was it big east maybe ?

Last edited:
i caught a few minutes of oregon/utah st just to watch Quincey play (28m 9/5). that was it for me.doubt i'll watch any games today. last kingdom is back with season 5.
If you catch a few minutes of the NIT first round (even if just to see QG) I’d bet your bound to tune into the main event at some point

I'll enjoy rooting against some of my least favorite teams/coaches:
1. UConn
2. UK
3. Seton Hall (for obvious reasons and the rat HC)
4. Auburn and Cheater Pearl
5. Indiana (never forget Keith Smart)
6. Entitled ND

And rooting for some of the underdogs to pull the upset especially Loyola Chicago.
There are always some great games in the tourney.

wife controls the remote. so last night was bachelor finale. i can sneak a peek when she's on the phone or in the kitchen . got a TV out in the gym but that means i have to exercise just to stay warm (40f) .
Exercise more and maybe you can remote back