This is why stats are deceiving

JRHEETER

All American
Player 1: 84 for 136 1,131 yards 8tds 5 INTS

Player 2: 113 for 148 1718 yards 23 TDS 0 ints

player 3: 86 for 111 1,076 yards 8tds 0ints

Player 4: 135 for 206 1,534 12tds 5ints

Player 5: 117 for 168 1,521 yards 14 tds 3 INTS

One of these is Jake From, One is Jamie Newman, One is Trevor Lawrence, One is Tommy Devito and one Tua Tagovailoa...

One of these is Jake From, One is Jamie Newman, One is Trevor Lawrence, One is Tommy Devito and one Tua Tagovailoa...

Yeah, stats are inherently not deceiving. They are agnostic.

Tommy outplayed the NC State QB - the stats are very clear on that. But we gave up more rushing yards, had more penalties, and more sacks. The old adage of “it’s a team game” is true.

the narrative that Tommy isn’t a worthy QB on this forum’s insane.

how the hell is he expected to develop a feel for P5 pace and play with this run game and o line? He’s made some bad decisions, sure, but come on guys our offense is bad bad right now.

how the hell is he expected to develop a feel for P5 pace and play with this run game and o line? He’s made some bad decisions, sure, but come on guys our offense is bad bad right now.

playcalling hasn’t done him any favors.

To my eyes, he's kind of the only reason for optimism on offense.

To my eyes, he's kind of the only reason for optimism on offense.
Jackson’s legit too, but defenses are allowed to cheat and anticipate the throws to him because we’re so predictable

Jackson’s legit too, but defenses are allowed to cheat and anticipate the throws to him because we’re so predictable
Totally. But Jackson can't do much if he doesn't have someone that can get him the ball.

playcalling hasn’t done him any favors.

I don’t think the playcalling has been as bad as some make it out to be. Could they mix up the run plays and run more to the outside, sure, but re-watch Thursday nights game there were plenty of plays where players were open and Devito either didn’t see them or didn’t pull the trigger in time and then had to throw the ball away or took a sack. Plays where the OL actually gave him some time. It would be nice to have a run game to take some pressure off Devito, but there were still plays to be made out there in the pass game that weren’t. Instead of looking for the big play all the time he has to use his slot WR, TE, and RBs more.

To be fair to the other QBs on this list that aren't Tommy, they are all adding stats to this list today.

I don’t think the playcalling has been as bad as some make it out to be. Could they mix up the run plays and run more to the outside, sure, but re-watch Thursday nights game there were plenty of plays where players were open and Devito either didn’t see them or didn’t pull the trigger in time and then had to throw the ball away or took a sack. Plays where the OL actually gave him some time. It would be nice to have a run game to take some pressure off Devito, but there were still plays to be made out there in the pass game that weren’t. Instead of looking for the big play all the time he has to use his slot WR, TE, and RBs more.

I can’t disagree with this too

I watched a lot of college football today and saw some blue blood program quarterbacks make some bad decisions today so I guess DeVito isn't alone. Saw Tua Tagovailoa argue with his receiver Jerry Judy on two separate occasions during the Alabama-TAM game and throw a bad pick in the end zone. Fromm had a bad day and his team Georgia a 21 point home favorite lost to South Carolina. Hurts of Oklahoma and Ehlinger of Texas both made bad decisions at times and either threw a red zone pick (Hurts) or took sacks and did not throw the ball away (Ehlinger). Mond of TAM took sacks against Alabama instead of throwing it away and on a check down threw a pick six. To sum it up, can Tommy DeVito make much better decisions and improve his awareness and football IQ. DEFINITELY!!. But, his supporting cast isn't what some of these guys have (an actual competent offensive line which for the most part protects, 6'2"-6'6" receivers with lots of speed and catch anything thrown their way) and they still make bad decisions and mistakes that cost their teams. DeVito needs to improve his play and I'm sure he knows it, but even the Heisman candidates make bad decisions and mistakes. DeVito hopefully will get better and I personally believe he will. We all need to be patient. Go Orange!!!!

Sacks and intentional groundings are stats too, just harder to find

Those stars show that when he throws, he does a good job, which is true

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom