this may sound crazy but... | Syracusefan.com

this may sound crazy but...

tbonezone

Living Legend
so i'm flipping around the channels earlier this week and on espn2 i come across the ACL SOUTHERN CORNHOLE tourney.
so ok i gotta stop and check this out for laughs. couple bags tossed i yawn and keep flipping. nothing else on so i return again to check out the cornholers. several southern college teams represented mostly by dudes with frat boy builds and seemingly drunk rowdy fans . but as i watch i begin to slowly catch onto to rules of this backyard BBQ ritual and begin to get a sense of the scoring and strategy involved. before you know it i'm hooked !

i'll post a you tube link below but beware it's long and a bit like curling meets horseshoes . make this an OLYMPIC event !

Last edited:
Funny. A friend of mine texted me this while it was happening, and a few of us turned it on. Led to an entertaining text string. I couldn't believe they had two guys doing play by play/analysis, the sideline reporter, the crowd.

It was mesmerizing.

Best part... it's Arkansas at Georgia, Arkansas kid lands the bean bag in the hole. Looks at the crowd and puts the index finger over his lips. Shhhhh. So great.

The tourney bracket had all SEC schools (even Mizzou and aTm), but apparently the SEC doesn't want to be a part of it, so it's ACL Southern College.

Funny. A friend of mine texted me this while it was happening, and a few of us turned it on. Led to an entertaining text string. I couldn't believe they had two guys doing play by play/analysis, the sideline reporter, the crowd.

It was mesmerizing.

Best part... it's Arkansas at Georgia, Arkansas kid lands the bean bag in the hole. Looks at the crowd and puts the index finger over his lips. Shhhhh. So great.

The tourney bracket had all SEC schools (even Mizzou and aTm), but apparently the SEC doesn't want to be a part of it, so it's ACL Southern College.
I'm just envisioning Cotton and Pepper.

"i believe he's gonna try to AIRMAIL this one over the block Cotton..."
loved it. makes bowlers look ambitious. GOT MY JIGSAW OUT !

Last edited: