This may sound sacriiegious, | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This may sound sacriiegious,

This may sound sacrilegious, but I am seriously considering not wearing orange this week.

At 0-5 and counting (since the game at Nova), I've run out of orange shirts and sweaters, and I don't want to buy a new one. So I think I will show up wearing green or black or something.

In the immortal words of Hippocrates, "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

Can you shoot a basketball?

Hmmmmmm. Are you suggesting pedophilia? Haven't we had enough of such allegations recently? :)

That's a Fine imagination you have there, but I was playing off the Hippocrates and sacrilegious stuff. :cool:

Ive tried so many different combinations the past two weeks the only thing left to do is watch the game naked. Im hoping not to have to try this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we ALL don't want this!

Hey, today someone suggested I burn down my house, since I determined that this slump started when I moved into it. I am considering checking into a hotel for the NCAA tournament, or pretending that I don't really live in my house. Maybe I can pay my husband a rent check and it will seem as if the house is not mine.
Clothes wise, I even pulled out my Battle of the Midway t-shirt for the Georgetown game, since that San Diego St. game was the beginning of lots of wins this season... and that did not work.
Cliftonpark, I understand rationally what you say..that it does not make a difference, but I have over 40 years of SU basketball and football superstition, and can't change my ways.
ps Ask Lou Carnesecca about this. He had his special sweater. If a coach believes, so can Joyce, and I and all of the others on here.

After the Georgetown game, I took down my Christmas tree. As a good luck charm, it was completely worthless!

Wasn't it Bull Durham?

Jobu's not going to like you talking like that, CTO...

images

This may sound sacrilegious, but I am seriously considering not wearing orange this week.

At 0-5 and counting (since the game at Nova), I've run out of orange shirts and sweaters, and I don't want to buy a new one. So I think I will show up wearing green or black or something.

In the immortal words of Hippocrates, "Desperate times call for desperate measures."
dye your hair Orange

Ive tried so many different combinations the past two weeks the only thing left to do is watch the game naked. Im hoping not to have to try this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are we.

By the way, pajama pants with my "the best keeps getting better" T and grey SU sweatshirt was not a good combination - that's what I wore on Saturday.

I've gone through everything but my new orange Cuse sweatshirt I got for Christmas. I may even have to try my 2003 championship hat with the War Otto pin.

Borrow (steal) 1 of bees blue/gray sweatshirts.

That will be 1 less non-orange item for him to wear to the Dome during Orange-outs.

I tried a bathrobe in a "removing the MCW jinx" - it didn't work.

As long as the color you wear does not correspond to the team we are playing I say go for it.

Something has to work! I've tried numerous combinations the past few weeks.
Same here. Even my old standbys haven't worked. But, I didn't wear anything SU-related last Saturday and that didn't work either. Maybe I have to watch the games naked.

I've gradually filtered out superstitious Orange-wear. However, Live, I think it helps to have fans clad in orange. It also helps the fans at home because we see the support the team gets in such places as Tampa, Florida and New York and we feel pride. I still believe we are one of the top two or three private university fanbases in the country. When we played USC out here, we had two whole sections in Orange and we knew we were going to lose.

I've been putting my 1 and a half year old son in a Syracuse outfits for the past few big games and they've lost every one. I'm done now!

was the mangy sweater retired..?

How about one of those Green Syracuse shirts with shamrocks on it? No way we face ND in the finals and it is St Patrick's Day week.

You should have done this before the Georgetown game.

CTO...it may be time to break out the Orion. I'll call my Dad up and have him send it to me in Chicago. Sorry I missed you in DC. What a nightmare .