This might be Marasco's team, but now that he is | Syracusefan.com

This might be Marasco's team, but now that he is

GoSU96

Living Legend
getting help, I hope he improves his efficiency.

20% shooting, 53% shots on goal, 12 TO's. He does lead the team in assists with 15. If he keeps up the role of QB and doesn't force bad shots and dodges into triple teams this team will be very good, and as other guys are established as scoring threats he should see better opportunities.

Maltz is having a very rough start. 23% shooting percentage, 43% shots on goal, which seems pretty bad for a crease attack. Donahue by contrast has scored the same number of goals on 40% as many shots, his shooting percentage is 57%, shots on goal 93%. There's your crease attack finisher.

Matt Pratt is having a great year. Scored on 3 of 4 shots, tied with Hamlin for second on caused turnovers, solid ground ball numbers.

Gotta think the extra attention given to Maltz and Marasco has benefited the other players who've stepped up.

Marasco has never been a high % shooter or high efficiency player, he shot in the low teens last year. Hes a good player who right now is playing probably the best he can. He should continue to be the feeder and take on the other teams best defender as the main target, him trying to assert himself as a scorer is a recipe for disaster.

Maltz is being face guarded and is getting a ton of attention from opposing defenses, without a true QB type player in Galasso Maltz isnt going to put up Keough type numbers until next year. As long as he continues to draw a lot of attention he is best being a decoy while guys like Donahue, Cometti, Schoonmaker, Dejoe, Rice etc get the dividends. As other guys keep breaking out Maltz will see more opportunities open up.

Really happy with JoJo's play. I feel like he's been lax's Kris Joseph, where we've been expecting him to break out as a superstar every year and it just never quite happened. He's playing inspired lax right now. Not too worries about Maltz, especially if Donohue and Loy keep doing their thing it'll open things up for him.

Agreed on JoJo. It seems he's found his place being the feeder and drawing attention away from others, as Whitey said above. Maltz keeps getting his points even though being closely guarded. He can only benefit from some of the youngsters stepping up.

Maltz production will increase when we have another attackman who can beat his man and command slides and doubles. We’re not scoring on a lot of attack iso’ and your crease guy is only going to be open when his man has to slide (or worry about sliding so he turns his head) - and we’re not picking a lot or running cutters into the crease much either.

JoJo is one of the quickest players within a square yard that I’ve seen in a long time. His play now is sort of what I think we all thought we’d see when he first arrived. He so quick and fast he’s commanding the other teams best defender which is definitely freeing others up. I’ve actually thought he’s been way to passive at times and should maybe shoot more but his patience is nice to see. Players like Amidon would just be unloading shots that Marasco is passing up.

Shooting percentage in lacrosse is an over rated stat. The more shots you get on cage the better and bad misses don't hurt much because chances are you’ll have it backed up and keep possession anyways.

Also, Maltz's #s were always going to suffer the second Galasso went down. I think with better service Maltz may have reminded some of Springer (without the cannon?).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom