This national championship game officiating is the worst... | Syracusefan.com

This national championship game officiating is the worst...

RF2044

Living Legend
...and indicative of everything that's wrong with the way college hoops games are officiated.

Multiple players on both sides having to sit saddled with 4 fouls with 10 minutes to go, no flow to the game, calls every time down the floor disrupting continuity, rough play being allowed on both sides but touch fouls being whistled, etc.

I don't have a dog in this fight. Honestly, couldn't care less who wins. Not rooting for UNC, not rooting for Gonzaga. But it is difficult not to be frustrated with this awful performance from the refs, taking the game out of the hands of the players and turning it into an unfortunate war of attrition.

Something's got to change.

Sports a joke. Hard to have invested interest when they throw their worst officials out there in its biggest spot.

On the huge jump ball call with ~50 seconds left
IMG_0551.JPG

I have zero clue how that wasn't called

The way the called the 2nd half it amazes me that all Three guys didn't foul out in that play before the ball hit the ground. They have no clue how to officiate loose ball situations in the NCAA.

I knew it was going to be bad when Collins picked up his second foul. I think. Jumped straight in the air with little to no contact, and definitely no advantage gained. That was the turning point.

IT's a problem across all sports. There are too many damn rules and the ref's are too big a part of these games. You can't even put your hand on a player now in basketball without it being a foul. It's no fun to watch honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom