This Notre Dame BS is pissing me off | Syracusefan.com

This Notre Dame BS is pissing me off

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
ESPN studio guys raving about Notre Dame's 12-4 record with Colson and 6-9 record without. Did they even bother to look at the SOS of the 12-4. It was a creampuff OOC where they beat Wichita St, a bunch of jobbers and still managed to lose to Ball St and Indiana. What bubble team would not go 12-4 against that slate?

Good old Joe Lunardi has them as the first team out. Ridiculous.

Only 1 of 110 brackets has them in.

ESPN studio guys raving about Notre Dame's 12-4 record with Colson and 6-9 record without. Did they even bother to look at the SOS of the 12-4. It was a creampuff OOC where they beat Wichita St, a bunch of jobbers and still managed to lose to Ball St and Indiana. What bubble team would not go 12-4 against that slate?

They are much better with Colson back though

And if we were in their position, everyone would be saying how messed up it is that they dont take the injury into account

Apparently there are also 3 members of the committee with some kind of ties to Notre Dame as well. If they beat Pitt and Va Tech they are 100% lock.

That loss was atrocious and may very well keep us out. The growing ND sentiment and the fact they beat us without their 2 best players could be the deciding factor if that last spot is between us and them.

That loss was inexcusable.

One of the worst losses in our program's history and that is a fact.

I mean, when JB was out for those games that Hopkins coached the committee said they would keep that in mind when making the decisions. Don't think it's any different with a player. An all american player is way more significant, too.

That said... let's hope Pitt beats them? LOL.

That loss was atrocious and may very well keep us out. The growing ND sentiment and the fact they beat us without their 2 best players could be the deciding factor if that last spot is between us and them.

That loss was inexcusable.
If its a push I don't see how they don't get in over us. They beat us in our building without their two best players, and as was posted earlier if we were on the bubble having lost Tyus for the year we would be beating that drum loud and clear. That said I think ND makes a deep run in the ACC tourney and gets in no sweats.

They don’t care who you lose to ..they care about who you have the ability to beat

Ability to beat and beating someone is two different scenarios. Syracuse could beat UNC, but they didn't did they? They beat one solid team with him. Wichita. You can't assume they win all those games without him. They couldn't beat Indiana and Ball State.

Some of you make a lot of excuses for other schools that you call out other people on when talking about Syracuse. Maybe people are wearing green glasses on the board. I don't know.

They beat VT its a lock. Methinks if Colson is playing so well they should have brought him back a game or two sooner.

Excuse me, now I have to vomit after typing that.

Notre Dame isn’t close to in.
We lost Notre Dame at home.
They lost to Louisville at home.
We beat Louisville at Louisville.

Boom that loss is gone.
Notre Dame isn’t ahead of us.
They gagged that game to Indiana at Indianapolis.

Apparently there are also 3 members of the committee with some kind of ties to Notre Dame as well. If they beat Pitt and Va Tech they are 100% lock.

That is why ACC tournament is tricky for us. Under normal circumstances, we will be in if we beat Wake today. The only exception is that Notre Dame beats Pitt and Virginia Tech, and Louisville beats Florida State. Since NCAA cannot have 11 ACC teams in the big dance, even Syracuse is better than other bubble teams, they will keep SU out.

Ideally we want to see Notre Dame loses to VA Tech and Louisville loses to Florida State. Also a few bubble teams like Alabama, Baylor, Kansas State, Butler, Marquette, Province, AZ State, UCLA lose their first conference tournament games. Then we are golden.

Last edited:
If 2 teanms are tied for getting in, it HAS to come d
Notre Dame isn’t close to in.
We lost Notre Dame at home.
They lost to Louisville at home.
We beat Louisville at Louisville.

Boom that loss is gone.
Notre Dame isn’t ahead of us.
They gagged that game to Indiana at Indianapolis.
If 2 teams are "tied" for one of the last spots then it HAS to come down to the head to head game. Why should any other game matter? Too many other circumstances could be involed. ADD in that it was a SU home loss against a team missing it's top two players there should absolutely be no arguement that ND gets the nod. If the rolls were revesed SU fans would storm the NCAA baracades screaming they were jobbed and 90% of the analyist would agree.

Yeah Notre Dame is in with 2 ACCT wins.

Syracuse is in with 2 ACCT wins.