This place... | Syracusefan.com

This place...

MadNY3

All American
...seems a helluva lot more passionate after a loss than a big win like we did yesterday.

Or is it me?

Just so damn pumped seeing yesterday. Still need to get to six wins, BUT we thumped a legit team in the month of November...two things wer have not succeeded in doing for a looooooonnng time.

Feels. Good.

No, it feels GREAT!

Nice.

Though, no offense, I can not imagine in any way shape or form that Cuse is God's team...unless there's some sort of biblical drought that last for 12 of the last 14 years or so.

...seems a helluva lot more passionate after a loss than a big win like we did yesterday.

Or is it me?

Just so damn pumped seeing yesterday. Still need to get to six wins, BUT we thumped a legit team in the month of November...two things wer have not succeeded in doing for a looooooonnng time.

Feels. Good.

Nothing new about that.

Eh. I don't know. Lot less controversy when you win, less posting happens when there's less controversy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

football board traffic/posting hurt by first bball game/win over top 20 opponent no less

Then next yr this board is going to be very very very busy.
HEY! Mr. Sunshine is back. And we didn't even lose. Or is it just that your mourning period is over?

Or is it me?

Feels. Good.

The game was not on locally in Orlando.

My passion for games I didn't see is often tempered. I do definitely now see a path to bowl eligibility, and that provides hope. However , the board all knew louisville benefitted from a weak schedule.

Let's finish this thing strong.

It seems the "corner turned" crowd has woken up. Lots of convenient proclamations that really do not merit a response. They are the bizarro version of our Debbie downers. Abstracting one moment across a season.

It's always easier to bitch about the bad than to praise the good. It's human nature.

It seems the "corner turned" crowd has woken up. Lots of convenient proclamations that really do not merit a response. They are the bizarro version of our Debbie downers. Abstracting one moment across a season.

Lots of?

Where?

And this game wasn't "one moment". It's what they have been doing all year, without getting in their own way.

They have 7 games over 450 yds in offense this year, you know how many in the last 7 seasons before this, 5, and none reached 500 yds.

They have 5 games over 500, which is just one less than P had his last 4 years.

That's not "one moment".

Winning is like a drug. When you've got it you're content. When you need it, you're loud and dangerous.

Lots of?

Where?

And this game wasn't "one moment". It's what they have been doing all year, without getting in their own way.

They have 7 games over 450 yds in offense this year, you know how many in the last 7 seasons before this, 5, and none reached 500 yds.

That's not "one moment".

When there is blood in the streets, news sells and this board explodes with the "glass-half-empty" folks.

When we destroy a top 10 team in every fashion, it is Ho Hum as usual. Back to the leaves and winterizing your lawn mowers. LOL people should be elated!

This team, offensively, is very good. If we cut down on half of the turnovers and bonehead penalties that we made in those losses this yr, who knows how good our record could be. We would certainly be in 1st in the BE and on our way to a BCS game.

Our offense is ranked 24th in the country AVERAGING 469.8 yards/game. Per game. As GO said, we have 5 games in the last 7 seasons that have eclipsed 450 yards. The offense needed to be rebuilt by an offensive guy (Marrone) and we are starting to see the fruits of his labor. When this offense executes and plays mistake-free football, the result is simply incredible to watch... proof being last Saturday.

Kudos to Marrone and Hackett.

Or is it me?

Feels. Good.
It's you.

I couldn't be happier with Saturday. Can't argue with how great our offense has been pretty much all year. I think only 2 games under 400 yards.

There is probably some hesitation. Some with a cautiously optimistic approach based on 2 things.

1. 5th win last year was similar, and there wasn't a 6th win, which is the minimum benchmark in college football today. Odds are decreased based on less games, both being on the road where our mistakes have been glaring. But offset based on how we're playing and that one of those games is Temple. If we don't get 6 wins, an awful lot of air comes out of that Louisville win. (but yes, this program is in another stratosphere statistically since end of P, all of GRob). (and yes, I think we'll beat Temple easily).

2. When you win a game like that, there's a certain deflating aspect to looking at your 5-5 record. You start "what if" 'ing like crazy. It can't be helped. But college football is one of those sports where this stuff happens.

We're in a good place. Get the 6th win, get the bowl. Next year, we have to solve the left side of OL, make sure Funderburke makes up for Lemon's productivity, and have a QB bridge us until Zachy Football takes over in 2014.

Lots of?

Where?

That's not "one moment".

After a loss, and there have been plenty, half the board predicts the program will be relegated to D2.

After this win, the other half is talking about extensions, Marrone's genius, "just another woodshed of a top 20", etc.

Interesting dichotomy.

this was a great win. Bottom line is that we are just a team scratching and clawing our way to bowl eligibility, with a coach whom needs a bowl to counter the legitimate questioning of his performance over the 1st half of the season. Lets hope we have a pinstripe type finish to this season, and not a mizzou loss, balloon burster.

I'm thrilled. There's just not as much to say when everything was great. Doesn't mean people aren't happy,i think.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom