This season was lost last year | Syracusefan.com

This season was lost last year

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
When we missed out on Randolph and Tucker while Thompsons mom decided to have him leave and JB deciding Shai Gilgeous Alexander wasn’t good enough to prioritize.

I hope the staff has an idea who they are bringing in to supplement whoever will be here next year.

Last edited:
SGA is real nice the more I watch him. He’s like a longer, quicker, more explosive Frank. He’s a BIG reason they are playing better since he plays more PG than Quade now.

If Jim Boeheim doesn’t have 11 scholarship players +’Buddy next year it will show he hasn’t changed.

There are no excuses for this program not to use all available scholarships. None. This season is a pass but next year we need a full roster and a bubble free season.

I want to say I have confidence it will be but I don’t. JB is too damn stubborn. His 100% zone and ISO offense may allow us to muck up games and steal some but games like last night show how skill destroys. BC isn’t even that talented but they have guys who can make shots and you have to outscore them.

We don’t adjust and we lost. Next year has to be a lot better.

There is no pass on any season of Syracuse basketball. We simply haven’t recruited enough players and didn’t offer multiple players like we should have.

Even if they offered them, they have to want to come here. Everyone doesn't want to go to SU. Get off your couch and try coaching. It's not as easy as you think it is.

There is no pass on any season of Syracuse basketball. We simply haven’t recruited enough players and didn’t offer multiple players like we should have.
Yes we did. They left and got hurt.

When recruiting was over, we had a full roster.
We could have taken a 4 year player over Geno Thorpe.
There were options. We didn’t recruit them.
McKinley Wright
Tremont Waters
Other players were available.

JB chose Thorpe and JB chose to give a scholarship to a transfer when he was already down 2 scholarships.

That is on him. Also JB stopped MH from bringing a JUCO PG in 2016.

Again JB has mismanaged the roster.
The fact is we had 8 players available and only 3 can score that is on him.
He doesn’t prioritize skill shooting.

This season is a pass but the management of the roster has been poor. We can’t find a big who can post? Don’t give me Diagne either his numbers at Western Kentucky are nothing.

McKinley Wright
Tremont Waters

JB chose Thorpe and JB chose to give a scholarship to a transfer when he was already down 2 scholarships.

This season is a pass but the management of the roster has been poor. We can’t find a big who can post? Don’t give me Diagne either his numbers at Western Kentucky are nothing.

Who was the JUCO pg?

McKinley Wright
Tremont Waters

That has nothing to do with the fact we had a full roster when recruiting was over. And add TT, Thorpe, as well as healthy players we do have and I guarantee you we are dancing and middle of the pack ACC.

McKinley Wright
Tremont Waters

giphy.gif

How is it hindsight when I have been beating this drum for a while?
We have mismanaged the roster.
Oh, you knew that Thorpe would quit the team a couple of weeks into the season? You knew Thompson would leave the program a couple of days before the fall semester began? You knew Washington would tear his ACL?

Posted this in another thread, but prob more relevant here:

RE: Geno Thorpe - I didn't realize until I looked today, but guy was really goodlast year with South Florida. Can you imagine adding this stat line to our team this year:

15.1 ppg - 4.6 apg - 2.9 trb - 1.6 steals per - 3.0 turnovers tho

on .395% FG - .375% 3PT - .846 FT

Guy would be our 3rd leading scorer, best 3pt shooter, and 2nd in assists...

So, even after TT left the team so unexpectedly & it looked like 2017-18 would be one hell of a struggle, JB still went out and recruited (what appeared to be) a solid veteran player. Oh well.

Honestly, a few more wins (~2?) gets us in the Tournament...

Considering that we played 6 total games decided by 4 points or less this year, and went 1-5 in those games...if you make that just an even 3-3...that gives us 2 more wins.

Something to think about.

Since the bag is out.
Souf Mensah

This kid out of France.
So a kid who shoots 24% from the arc, 56% ft and 4 assist IN JUNIOR COLLEGE is going to make a difference on a team in the ACC?

Sure, we filled a roster, but 4 guys were added late because JB hadn't recruited while Hop was still around. Getting Washington and Dolezaj as freshmen late in the process when we were desperate and Thorpe, shows how far the roster building was from where it needed to be. Hughes was another late addition.

If there is any inclination that Thompson wasn’t coming back ok I understand. However I am talking about those recruits we simply didn’t offer for whatever reason such as a Walker from Miami. You can’t just not recruit these guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom