This season was lost last year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This season was lost last year

Your opinion.
Thorpe really helped.
I was for Thorpe. I think the first time I brought him up someone asked who he was. If I had known he would leave the team before conference play I would have had a different opinion. He could have really helped us. Unfortunate that it went they way it did.

When we missed out on Randolph and Tucker while Thompsons mom decided to have him leave and JB deciding Shai Gilgeous Alexander wasn’t good enough to prioritize.

I hope the staff has an idea who they are bringing in to supplement whoever will be here next year.
Green as well. When those 3 decisions didn't go our way we were in trouble. I'm not a fan of the all in approach that we used on Green but it is what it is. I wanted to go after Coleman and thought we had a shot there to get him or at least force Green to make a decision earlier. Based on all of the misses and bad breaks this season went better than I could have ever imagined.

Green as well. When those 3 decisions didn't go our way we were in trouble. I'm not a fan of the all in approach that we used on Green but it is what it is. I wanted to go after Coleman and thought we had a shot there to get him or at least force Green to make a decision earlier. Based on all of the misses and bad breaks this season went better than I could have ever imagined.

Green wouldn't have made us any better, but going all in on him cost us with Shai.

Green wouldn't have made us any better, but going all in on him cost us with Shai.
I disagree. Green is a good ball handler and can shoot. We could have ran him at the PG with FH at the 2 and Battle at the 3. Then we would have 4 guys on the court that could score and shoot. It would have made a world of difference.

We could have taken a 4 year player over Geno Thorpe.
There were options. We didn’t recruit them.
McKinley Wright
Tremont Waters
Other players were available.

JB chose Thorpe and JB chose to give a scholarship to a transfer when he was already down 2 scholarships.

That is on him. Also JB stopped MH from bringing a JUCO PG in 2016.

Again JB has mismanaged the roster.
The fact is we had 8 players available and only 3 can score that is on him.
He doesn’t prioritize skill shooting.

This season is a pass but the management of the roster has been poor. We can’t find a big who can post? Don’t give me Diagne either his numbers at Western Kentucky are nothing.

How much basketball has Diagne played in the last 3 years? Unfair assessment of him, IMO. If he had been at Cuse the whole time and was just completing his junior year right now, we certainly would’ve had reasonable expectations of him being a solid scoring threat this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom