This stuff just isn't fair anymore | Syracusefan.com

This stuff just isn't fair anymore

Just wait til this is installed in ours.

mancavewithstripperpole2.jpg

Does the hydrotherapy pool come with a hydrotherapist?

images

I like the ducks with the draftees initials on them.

Edit: Let's make a big tree with hanging oranges. ;)

Brazilian hardwood (insert joke here) for weightroom flooring material.

Good thing the NCAA limits the # of coaches, recruiters, etc. so we can have a "level playing field" among BCS schools.

I have a friend who's an Oregon alum and huge Ducks football fan. They're extremely sheepish about this latest round of extravagant building.

Even the diehards know that UO has gone through the looking glass with this stuff now. And they're hardly the only program to do so.

new ncaa rule needed. all schools must spend equally to upgrade academic, sports and support buildings.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Good thing the NCAA limits the # of coaches, recruiters, etc. so we can have a "level playing field" among BCS schools.
Slight difference. Much easier to level the field in recruiting and coaching by limiting the number of people, because each person has 24 hours per day to work at most, and that is the same everywhere. Trying to control expenditures is different, because cost of living is different, building projects cost more or less, etc. Facilities are bankrupting some athletic departments (*cough cough* recent Big 10 foreclosures), but I would actually rather see coaching salaries regulated before facilities, if anything. And even there, meh, price/wage controls are not my favorite thing.

if only knight could buy a championship trophy to put in their empty trophy case.

They have no national championship. No heisman. Only 5 consensus all Americans in their history. They've been great recently but that's about it. Rutgers might have more history and tradition than they do.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

They have no national championship. No heisman. Only 5 consensus all Americans in their history. They've been great recently but that's about it. Rutgers might have more history and tradition than they do.
homer_the_scream.jpg

Tradition has to start somewhere. Looks to me like they are building (literally and figuratively) a pretty solid foundation.

and just a couple pac12 championships in about 100 years.

I really hope that Phil Knight also gives lots of money to charity.
I believe donations to a University are considered "charitable contributions" under the IRS code. Much like donations to a church.

washington_lds_mormon_temple2.jpg

You can talk all you want about "genius" coaches like Chip Kelly.

But, it all comes down to money - the more money spent, the more success the program will achieve.

Oregon was a nothing PAC program for years until the money came.

"Knight has poured tens of millions of dollars into what amounts to makeup and jewelry for the athletic department. Consider the size and cost of new academic-support buildings at three big-time schools:

Miami, under construction now: 30,000 square feet, $13.6 million.

Michigan, completed in the winter of 2006: 38,000 square feet, $12 million.

Oregon: 37,000 square feet, $41.7 million.

Actually, that $41.7 million is a university estimate of how much the building cost. Knight paid for it himself and wouldn't say. The school may not even know."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/michael_rosenberg/01/06/oregon.knight/index.html#ixzz2aesfjyYa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom