This TBS Coverage | Syracusefan.com

This TBS Coverage

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
The show with Seth Davis and Wally Szrbiauehk. It is just unwatchable excrement. I get the distinct feeling they think they are being funny and cutting edge with this broadcast and it is so far past pitiful it makes Barkley look like Jay Bilas. I mean half their show is based on a concept that might have been fresh in 1997 with the poor photoshops of what I am guessing are inside jokes. Why don't they just do skits as silent movies in black and white?

The only good thing they have is a current college coach on the panel, but they barely let them talk while Wally dubs every third team "the Golden State Warriors of college basketball." I'm not Buzz Williams protector, but how do they get the idea to humiliate the guy with this BS "handshake line simulation" only for it to be an elaborately stupid joke at his expense for being bald!? I'm absolutely dumbfounded by the whole entire production.

This is a 10 billion dollar property for the network. Let that sink in. It's like buying two aircraft carriers and then letting high school dropouts play bumper boats with them.

And Ernie Johnson is an awful studio host, just a total tool and boring too. He ruins the MLB playoffs every year and I can't stand him in this role as well. Brutal.

Last edited:
I thought the same thing. Fool that I was I thought there would be some analysis of the games tomorrow but instead it's pretending to be some insider comedy show. It was cringe worthy

Its pretty bad, I just don't understand why they need to bring in these Nba guys, who maybe have watched two college bball games all year. You have the best analyst out there in Jay Bilas, and hes basically doing nothing right now.
Because they're already on the payroll, and a pretty large percentage of viewers hardly watch any college ball before the tournament either. And Bilas works for a real rival. They could maybe try getting some sportswriters or radio guys or just more college coaches whose teams aren't playing or who are retired to be commentators. Of course that might lead to JT2 calling a game or commentating.:vomit:

Because they're already on the payroll, and a pretty large percentage of viewers hardly watch any college ball before the tournament either. And Bilas works for a real rival. They could maybe try getting some sportswriters or radio guys or just more college coaches whose teams aren't playing or who are retired to be commentators. Of course that might lead to JT2 calling a game or commentating.:vomit:

My god I hope not. JT2 underserved self only belongs one place, and that's on the sidelines of Gtown ball. Where he can keep them respectfully in the cellar for the remainder of his tenure there.

upload_2016-3-25_8-1-14.jpeg
Not very good at commercials either , by the way, its 8:00, AND GEORGETOWN STILL SUCKS!!!!

Its pretty bad, I just don't understand why they need to bring in these Nba guys, who maybe have watched two college bball games all year. You have the best analyst out there in Jay Bilas, and hes basically doing nothing right now.

Because Bilas works on ESPN.

Very rarely can a network not air a sport the entire year and then suddenly do a good job during the last, most important part of the season. Of course, ESPN still screws up plenty and they show the whole season

The show with Seth Davis and Wally Szrbiauehk. It is just unwatchable excrement. I get the distinct feeling they think they are being funny and cutting edge with this broadcast and it is so far past pitiful it makes Barkley look like Jay Bilas. I mean half their show is based on a concept that might have been fresh in 1997 with the poor photoshops of what I am guessing are inside jokes. Why don't they just do skits as silent movies in black and white?

The only good thing they have is a current college coach on the panel, but they barely let them talk while Wally dubs every third team "the Golden State Warriors of college basketball." I'm not Buzz Williams protector, but how do they get the idea to humiliate the guy with this BS "handshake line simulation" only for it to be an elaborately stupid joke at his expense for being bald!? I'm absolutely dumbfounded by the whole entire production.

This is a 10 billion dollar property for the network. Let that sink in. It's like buying two aircraft carriers and then letting high school dropouts play bumper boats with them.

It's reached the point that last night I moved the games to the side TVs of the tri-screen just to not have to listen to them or the awful announcing.

They're mimicking the NBA on TNT show which is actually awesome. That show has Barkley, Ernie, Kenny Smith and Shaq. They do all the same ridiculous stuff but it's actually funny with them. The photoshop stuff is a staple of that show.

I actually like Seth and Wally. Seth is obviously a sharp guy and Wally seems to know what's going on. Buzz and Stallings were good to have in the studio. HUGE upgrade over those buffoons, Charles and Kenny, trying to analyze college.

longislandcuse said:
They're mimicking the NBA on TNT show which is actually awesome. That show has Barkley, Ernie, Kenny Smith and Shaq. They do all the same ridiculous stuff but it's actually funny with them. The photoshop stuff is a staple of that show.

Bingo.

SoBeCuse said:
I actually like Seth and Wally. Seth is obviously a sharp guy and Wally seems to know what's going on. Buzz and Stallings were good to have in the studio. HUGE upgrade over those buffoons, Charles and Kenny, trying to analyze college.

Seth is fine, at least he follows college hoops all season. These nba guys are the worst, they literally watch zero college hoops game until the tournament. Szerbiak said something like "i was really impressed with oklahoma's defensive rotations." Ok wally good to know.

I'm in this camp. There's so much analysis out there on these games...ESPN, many other sports channels, the thing they call the internet, etc., I welcome their take on it with a bit of humor vs. just more analysis paralysis.

Seth is fine, at least he follows college hoops all season. These nba guys are the worst, they literally watch zero college hoops game until the tournament. Szerbiak said something like "i was really impressed with oklahoma's defensive rotations." Ok wally good to know.

For sure. But he was right. They shut them down. I don't know. He at least knows some personnel, a general profile of a team, and doesn't need to look at his sheet/notes constantly like those other dummies.

And Ernie Johnson is an awful studio host, just a total tool and boring too. He ruins the MLB playoffs every year and I can't stand him in this role as well. Brutal.

I used to dislike Ernie a ton going back to about 4-5 years ago. The past few years I've really grown to have an appreciation for him and I actually believe he brings a lot to the table for the NBA coverage. Thing they have a good thing going on there at NBA on TNT.

Bilas has worked for Cbs during the tournament in the past.

Bilas has worked for Cbs during the tournament in the past.

I believe when Bilas resigned his contract with ESPN a year or two ago that made him the #1 analyst replacing Vitale, the agreement said he wouldn't be on loan to CBS anymore. However, I can't find proof on the internet like I usually like to provide. I'm almost positive that is the case though.