This team gets on the goddamn floor! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This team gets on the goddamn floor!

The one thing, and it's kind of obvious/important, is the shooting. Right now, we're 300th in the country in 3p% (29.1%) and 138th in 2p% (51.1). A lot of the 3 point shooting is 2 guys; Brisset is 6-24 and Thorpe is 4-14; I assume they will end up a little better than that.

The other stuff all looks really good though. #1 in the country in block rate, which has unsurprisingly lead to elite 2 point defense (37.1%, 3rd in the country). Some of that is schedule, but even last night, we had a block% around 18%, which is elite. Steal%, 6th in the country.

Offensive rebounding; crushing it. 43%, 2nd in the country. Again, somewhat schedule based, but we had an offensive rebounding rate near 50% last night. It's also nice to be good at offensive rebounding if you have trouble shooting. Even the defensive rebounding, which is normally an issue, has held up ok, 75th in the country.

It's still really early, we haven't played a lot of good competition. I have definitely raised my expectations a little from where they were at the beginning of the year though. Kansas will be a very good test.

Some of those blocks will also be fouls (whether they are or not) away from the dome. Ya lots of good signs there though. Wired a bit like a Pitt team [hopefully not in March obv].

I'm so excited to see what type of player Marek will be when he gets 20 lbs of muscle on him.

Just love the hustle and the Heart! They are young and Hungry!
And the way they play defense vs last year is incredible.
I know they will take their lumps, but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

I wish some of our more talented teams had the heart of these guys.
Next year could be a rare combination of talent and hustle. In the meantime, we get to watch this team grow.

You just listed the top 5 teams in the country - and I agree with you.

But I think we could beat teams like UNC, Nova, etc if we play like we've been playing

Agreed re: UNC and Nova. Yeah, I don’t pay attention to polls and rankings. I just picked those teams from what I’ve seen so far. Can make a case for Texas as well since Bamba will only get better.

I'm so excited to see what type of player Marek will be when he gets 20 lbs of muscle on him.
I actually prefer him the way he his. I don't want too compromise his speed which will slow him down on hustle plays.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom