This team has heart, but they are not ready at this point... | Syracusefan.com

This team has heart, but they are not ready at this point...

oTTo113445

2nd String
#1. No boxing out and No great leaper. This hurts our zone. Major props to hughes for stepping up against their center.

#2. Props to All the Coaches for pounding the ball inside, and early on. We have nothing to lose. We had not practiced that unto today much. Hughes could not get going early, because he is not used to it. Our High low passing is good.

#3 I would love to see Braswell play some two (this could be a really bad idea) but I would love to see him on defensive transition and he can run out for lob passes. He also can cheat back to block shots from behind, post up smaller players inside. Problem is Guerrier or Dolezaj got to hit some 12 footers to make this work, (and I don't think they are ready to). Girard, Hughes, Dolezaj give us plenty of ball handling. Guerrier, make him hungry.

in prior years, even when we lacked skill or girth, we'd at least have a bunch of long jumping jacks on the baseline that would swarm to the ball and make it difficult to score inside...we used to be near the top in the nation in team blocked shots. Now we have a dude a foot taller than me who weighs less than me at center...and im not even that fat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom