This team is fun | Syracusefan.com

This team is fun

Cuse House

All American
Whatever happens down the stretch, I have had a lot of fun watching this team play this year. It's a different perspective from years past, seeing a team grow into a formidable group and finding their way. I think there is still so much more this team has to offer, even Coach B said in his presser that he knows some other guys are very capable. Call this a rebuilding year, call it whatever you want, but I am having a lot fun! :) Go CUSE!

Whatever happens down the stretch, I have had a lot of fun watching this team play this year. It's a different perspective from years past, seeing a team grow into a formidable group and finding their way. I think there is still so much more this team has to offer, even Coach B said in his presser that he knows some other guys are very capable. Call this a rebuilding year, call it whatever you want, but I am having a lot fun! :) Go CUSE!
Our assist to to ratio has done a complete about face from non conference, great to see so far in acc

I agree. This team has some character. I hope they tough it out at the end and go even the last 8 games. That would be soooo awesome!!

Cuse House said:

Agreed. Not every year can be a top 10 and sweet 16 plus season. it's unfortunate that McCullough got hurt because I think with him we could have grown enough to make the tournament and maybe even do some damage in march. But without him we are just too limited in depth. Still fun though.

I completely agree. Rak is a beast - man amongst boys. Cooney will have unconscious nights like this and we will all love it. Roberson will grow before our eyes and it will be FUN to watch. And G doesn't even realize yet what he can and will be. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Hell ya, I agree with you.

Without the bitter, you don't get the sweet. This team is just not that great, but they don't give a what others think... they clearly believe they belong in the upper tier of the ACC and who knows, they just might do it. Just look at the big bad Dook team...

These guys fight and believe. I love that which is the reason for a season like this, yeah, it is fun to watch and follow.

Ehh... Different definitions of fun I guess, lol.

The 09-10 team...that was fun.

That's also a lot of fun but in a different way if that makes sense? When you know you are just head and shoulders above other teams I don't get excited to play Wake Forest or some of these lower tier ACC teams, but today I was pumped all day because EVERY game is a big game with this team. That's why it is fun for me I suppose, I have been getting excited for every game and lately haven't been disappointed.

That game was fun. But this team gives me agita. I could without:

Trevor giving the ball to Patterson up three with :15 to go. When all he had to do was dribble out the clock.

Patterson going 0-2 from the line.

Trevor fouling up 3 with :09 secs to go.

Trevor going 1-2 with :02.4 to go.

SU not fouling up 3 with 2.4 to go

Wake nearly nailing a bomb at the end.

Those things I do not classify as "fun".

AMEN!

That's also a lot of fun but in a different way if that makes sense? When you know you are just head and shoulders above other teams I don't get excited to play Wake Forest or some of these lower tier ACC teams, but today I was pumped all day because EVERY game is a big game with this team. That's why it is fun for me I suppose, I have been getting excited for every game and lately haven't been disappointed.

This is a fantastic post & sums up exactly how I feel - And I'm not even sure I realized I felt this way until I read this great description & found myself nodding in complete agreement haha!!

Trevor giving the ball to Patterson up three with :15 to go. When all he had to do was dribble out the clock.

Jake, I agree with all of those things... BUT - we continue to win. We are actually in a place that most (including myself) thought no way and that is to get to 7-0 going into the NC game. Still a LOT of work to do but at this point, survive and advance is all I care about so that I can at least watch them play in the NCAA rather than the NIT.

it's like being a Providence fan

Don't get me wrong, I have been extremely frustrated with this team at times but I expected that this year. The good things seem to just be amplified when they happen. One thing I enjoy the most in watching any sport is when I see a team show that they don't care about expectations or what's happened in the game and they fight and claw to win. Down 9 in the second half and they drain a few tough shots to close the gap. Personally I enjoy a good fight from a team far more than a 30 point win and this team fights!

Agree. It's fun kind of being the underdog. Last year with the streak and all, honestly, it was nice and all but it became pretty nerve racking. And then the tailspin stunk because we thought we were good. At least this year we know who we are and can just enjoy the process a bit more.

Agree. It's fun kind of being the underdog. Last year with the streak and all, honestly, it was nice and all but it became pretty nerve racking. And then the tailspin stunk because we thought we were good. At least this year we know who we are and can just enjoy the process a bit more.

Winning last year was more relief for me personally. Not sure how everyone else feels about that but when you start 25-0 every game feels like surviving. This year we are the hunters trying to pick other teams off in front of us who are supposed to be better. Being the underdog has it's benefits sometimes. With that being said, we are still Syracuse.

I will say this...this team is squeezing out wins that were losses earlier in the year. Maximizing its talent, and really plays unselfishly. So, yes, they are fun to watch.

Rak is sooooo like able, how can you not appreciate that dude? He plays hard...and he plays the game completely opposite of when he arrived on campus - when he was lost as a wing 4, played soft and didn't have a post move at all.

Um, maybe hop can coach bigs.

you don't like teams rolling the ball up the court in closing seconds

moqui said:
that 09-10 team had lost 4 key players, began the year unranked & lost toLeMoyne . . . pretty low expectations

Not going into march as a 1 seed they weren't.

Dook has lost 2 conference games this year against teams that might not make it into the NCAAA tourney (one on their sacred home court). Let's get a little perspective here. Who knows what our fate is, but damn, let's have some fun while we can. Come on now... enjoy it while we can!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom