This team is fun | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This team is fun

Miami had 2 What losses but they are soooooooooooooo much better now than a few weeks ago , it's hard to believe. The guy can flat out coach. I'm calling a 3-4 place finish in the league and a 4seed. The Wolfpack is dangerous. Probably a bubble team. Duke is soft. Big teams will give them trouble. JMO. This Wake Forest team showed the whole country how to beat them. Double Okafor every time he touches the ball and make someone else make the play. Duke has flaws. Like I said JMO.

Not knowing otherwise, and basing this just on what I see with my eyes, I've thought from the beginning of the season that this is a group of "good" guys - Win or lose, they're easy to root for. I like the leadership we've seen. I remember Cooney putting his arm around KJ and talking him up at the end of the first couple of games when he made bone headed plays that hurt the team in crucial spots. They seem to have each other's backs not just when things go well, but more importantly when they don't. I think there's a lot of character here, and that makes it easy to like this team. Plus, Rak is a beast!

Not exactly my definition of "fun", but I certainly appreciate the character of this team. I worried that the Nova game might have lingering effects, but they keep battling. It's stressful to watch these finishes, but this team is a lot easier to support because of the things mentioned in this thread.

I will say this...this team is squeezing out wins that were losses earlier in the year. Maximizing its talent, and really plays unselfishly. So, yes, they are fun to watch.

Rak is sooooo like able, how can you not appreciate that dude? He plays hard...and he plays the game completely opposite of when he arrived on campus - when he was lost as a wing 4, played soft and didn't have a post move at all.

Um, maybe hop can coach bigs.
it was there last year until boeheim reverted to beating christmas up all the time

he leaves christmas alone this year, at least when cameras are on, and he's responded.

it was there last year until boeheim reverted to beating christmas up all the time

he leaves christmas alone this year, at least when cameras are on, and he's responded.

Thought so too. He was showing signs that he could do things inside but the team didn't give him the ball.

Tied for 17th in the country in assists per game, and tied for 38th in rebounds per game. For comparison, last year we finished 235th in the country in assists, and 150th in rebounds.

Bottom line, this team steps up in situations we've seen past teams fold and grits out W's when we're all expecting L's. I'm truly amazed at the turn around. G is now amazing and C found his confidence. Rak has been a beast all year but if the other 2 can continue their form this team has a higher ceiling than what I, or many were expecting.

Dare I say, this team has ONIONS!

I have to say that I've been very impressed with during the 7 game win streak. This team has come a LONG ways from early in the season. They take care of the ball much better, and we now have 2 guys making threes at a good clip. Some of the earlier limitations have been corrected in a very positive way.

That said, I'm worried about what this team looks like starting at the end of Feb when all 5 starters have been basically run into the ground with major minutes...

Whatever happens down the stretch, I have had a lot of fun watching this team play this year. It's a different perspective from years past, seeing a team grow into a formidable group and finding their way. I think there is still so much more this team has to offer, even Coach B said in his presser that he knows some other guys are very capable. Call this a rebuilding year, call it whatever you want, but I am having a lot fun! :) Go CUSE!

Absolutely agree. Ride the wave, ups and downs, maybe complain about the zone or refs, but appreciate that these guys are giving 120% and every game will be a dogfight.

I don't live in town, but if there was a year to fill the Dome and make noise to create the best home court in America, this would be the year (not that we're a bad home court at all)

Hope XMas earns a 35k fan turnout for his home finale

I have to say that I've been very impressed with during the 7 game win streak. This team has come a LONG ways from early in the season. They take care of the ball much better, and we now have 2 guys making threes at a good clip. Some of the earlier limitations have been corrected in a very positive way.

That said, I'm worried about what this team looks like starting at the end of Feb when all 5 starters have been basically run into the ground with major minutes...
yep, this turnaround has been one of JB's finest coaching jobs, but he might not get recognized for it if the team runs out of gas & the story of the season becomes the rumored penalties

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom