This team is nothing... | Syracusefan.com

This team is nothing...

Crusty

Living Legend
...compared to what it will be next year and in years to come.

Yes, we lose Phillips and Ishmael, but we have a system that makes receivers. When asked if one of his young quarterbacks was a Heisman Trophy candidate. The Old Ball coach said, "Anyone who plays quarterback at Florida will be a Heisman candidate." It's the system.

Look at the depth chart and the roster of redshirts and you can see the future. We are now a young experienced and well-coached team that has bought in to the program. The team is learning how to win before our very eyes.

Imagine what the 2019 class can be like and it is not hard to envision a lot of bowl games.

The LBs will be less experienced but more athletic. We are loaded with young talent. Our DBs will be very strong. We have a future all ACC talent RSimg this year. As to our DL. Best in years. Hope Slayton comes back.
My dark horse next year is Guthrie. Kid is going to be a tackling machine

The LBs will be less experienced but more athletic. We are loaded with young talent. Our DBs will be very strong. We have a future all ACC talent RSimg this year. As to our DL. Best in years. Hope Slayton comes back.
My dark horse next year is Guthrie. Kid is going to be a tackling machine
I'd love for Slayton to come back - but he's ready.

I saw Devito and Fagan standing next to eachother on the sideline at one point. I thought yesssss the future.

Tough to replace Franklin Bennett, but quality in the secondary and the best D line we have seen in years should help the transition. Our offense should be fine , experience on the oline and "the system" should prevail.

Don't underestimate how good Zaire an Paris are. I like their backups but they will have a hard time matching this years linebackers.
Not underestimating them, but with better play up front we should be fine.

When Parris hits an opposing player, especially in short yard situations, I always think to myself something to the effect, "I feel comfortable that that player is not going to go any further." And nearly every time, Parris follows through. I'm always astonished at how foreign that feels after suffering through the last couple decades. While I think Dino is doing an outstanding recruiting job, I don't take the security that Parris provides for granted. Same with Zaire for the most part, but definitely Parris.

I love the direction of the program. I'm just taking a wait and see approach before I say next year's team is going to be so much better.

...compared to what it will be next year and in years to come.

Yes, we lose Phillips and Ishmael, but we have a system that makes receivers. When asked if one of his young quarterbacks was a Heisman Trophy candidate. The Old Ball coach said, "Anyone who plays quarterback at Florida will be a Heisman candidate." It's the system.

Look at the depth chart and the roster of redshirts and you can see the future. We are now a young experienced and well-coached team that has bought in to the program. The team is learning how to win before our very eyes.

Imagine what the 2019 class can be like and it is not hard to envision a lot of bowl games.

Would love to see one fifth-year WR and LB added. The former should be easy enough to recruit for, though no idea how many kids will fit the bill.

Slayton's one arm tackle on that Qb run yesterday was literally unbelievable.

If he comes back he has a shot to have an Aaron Donald like effect on ACC games.

That Sir, is high praise indeed. I still have nightmares about Donald knocking Omari Palmer on his butt and blocking the extra point that cost us the Pitt game a few years ago.

Don't underestimate how good Zaire an Paris are. I like their backups but they will have a hard time matching this years linebackers.

Agree 100% and Erv and ISH will NOT be easy to replace as good as this system is.

That Sir, is high praise indeed. I still have nightmares about Donald knocking Omari Palmer on his butt and blocking the extra point that cost us the Pitt game a few years ago.

At time's Slayton has looked that good, for what is his role/position, against the most NFL ready competition outside of Bama

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom