This Team Plays Its Best Desperate and Aggressive | Syracusefan.com

This Team Plays Its Best Desperate and Aggressive

cuse522

2nd String
I know it's not Boeheim's MO, but is there any reason this team shouldn't be pressing randomly once or twice in the first half? Catch the other team off guard and inject some life into the zone... Let the D defend vs. less of the shot clock in the half court, and try to get some uptempo offense going.

Now, I know the other side of it... When teams are protecting a lead, they pull it out when they beat the press instead of taking the easy 2. Sure, sometimes... But often the guy in position for the "easy," two isn't comfortable in that situation, senses someone on his tail and misses the layup anyway.

It also doesn't just have to be the full court press, it can be extending the zone and trapping more.

I'd much rather see them try this for spurts than simply falling behind by 10 and waiting til 3 minutes left to start a frantic comeback.

(Yeah, I know, there's about a 1% chance of JB doing this.)

Judging by our record they don't play that well desperate. We needs wins and have been desperate for them all year.

Have said for years we should press at random times but Jimmy will never change

Always love the idea of random pressing once or twice a half. Also like the occasional two guard trap as soon as the ball handler crosses mid-court. We used to do that but haven't seen it in several years.

Agree and thought the same thing too. Or maybe they just play better when they aren't in a structured system. Who knows.

I'm just amazed that guys who have played 35 straight minutes can press the last 5 minutes of a game without collapsing.

19 offensive boards. 19. And the usual suspects are still just hanging around the perimeter hucking up 3s. Wasn't impressed by the veterans efforts tonight.

I'm just amazed that guys who have played 35 straight minutes can press the last 5 minutes of a game without collapsing.

Yeah, I would like to see those guys get a slight breather, too. In particular Gillon... He may be "10 miles better," thank Howard (somehow I doubt that), but does it really need to be 40 minutes for Gillon and 10 for Howard? It can't be 33 and 17?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom