This team... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This team...

I want evidence of Duke or others playing 6. I haven't seen it. We're talking 6. It doesn't happen. A 7th guy coming in and playing 1 minute doesn't count.

I want evidence of Duke or others playing 6. I haven't seen it. We're talking 6. It doesn't happen. A 7th guy coming in and playing 1 minute doesn't count.

according to some coach who used to be close to 1000 wins, but now apparently isn't, these are college kids and can play full games

Did someone just call FYukon a "mid major"? After 4 NCs? As recent as a couple years ago? Yeah, AAC now. But really? That was a very good win. The way they battled the Zags 21 down was impressive. And aTm just beat the Zags too. ALL 3 of those teams are good. We got something here - top 15-20 is my guess. This isn't the football board, attitude adjustment please?

Yegorange said:
Did someone just call FYukon a "mid major"? After 4 NCs? As recent as a couple years ago? Yeah, AAC now. But really? That was a very good win. The way they battled the Zags 21 down was impressive. And aTm just beat the Zags too. ALL 3 of those teams are good. We got something here - top 15-20 is my guess. This isn't the football board, attitude adjustment please?

If you play conference games against Tulsa, ECU and Tulane how are you not a mid major?

Talking stature - not technicalities. They are a well established program, and it's a fact. Don't care who they play "in conference", they still can and do play good basketball. Is that debatable?

Small with shooters = Golden State

I'm NOT SAYING ... But I am kinda saying
While I don't necessarily disagree with the comparison to Golden State (man, I'd love that), I don't think we're too small, as many people claim. Our guards are bigger than most teams, especially with G running point at 6'6''. Our guards will cause mismatches all year long.

Only place we're "small" is at Center, where DC2 really isn't pushing higher than 6'8''. Of course we've been successful in the past with centers of similar size (see Otis Hill and Arinze).

We're definitely not deep. That's our biggest drawback. Especially at center.

Talking stature - not technicalities. They are a well established program, and it's a fact. Don't care who they play "in conference", they still can and do play good basketball. Is that debatable?

they were a well established team. now they are among the best teams in arguably the 2nd best mid-major conf.

they were a well established team. now they are among the best teams in arguably the 2nd best mid-major conf.

Technicalities again. #18 = still established. And they may not even drop out of the polls after these 2 losses (considering they took #10 to the wire and lost to a to-be top 20 us ;) Receiving votes at worst, and still a dam good team.

Technicalities again. #18 = still established. And they may not even drop out of the polls after these 2 losses (considering they took #10 to the wire and lost to a to-be top 20 us ;) Receiving votes at worst, and still a dam good team.

Zags were #10 before the B4A - established & a mid-major

UConn was one of the biggest dogs in the CBB world, and they got royally screwed in realignment but because of the screwing they are now a mid-major and will be until they move to a big boy league. not fair, but thems the facts

I hear ya. Just saying they're not your prototypical mid-major. But yes, formally both they and the Zags are. Splitting hairs here.

Yegorange said:

Dear lord...they're our rival. For a big chunk of our fan base, they're our biggest rival. It's fun to make fun of their conference situation.

And regardless, they won't be ranked on Monday.

Why are so many of our fans so quick to defend them?

Dear lord...they're our rival. For a big chunk of our fan base, they're our biggest rival. It's fun to make fun of their conference situation.

And regardless, they won't be ranked on Monday.

Why are so many of our fans so quick to defend them?

Well. This isn't Marsh's "" kinda fun here. Seems like a serious knock on them. And calling any win over UConn - even nowadays - insignificant (in so many words) is just silly, IMO.

They just played 3 games in 3 days playing 6. Just saying.

It's the beginning of the season. Nobody has gotten worn down yet. Injuries are cumulative things sometimes, and when you play so few guys, they will get worn down over time.

Yegorange said:
Not defending them. Defending our GOOD win. Not too hard to understand. ;)

Fair enough. It was a great win. Just fun to kick them while they're down.

Fair enough. It was a great win. Just fun to kick them while they're down.

Oh, it was even more "fun" than today - though today was sweet. Just don't think they're "down" quite yet. But agree: trending down. For all we know they may end up in ACC (G-d forbid). Excellent showing by the team against 2 very good opponents regardless. Such a nice glimmer of hope after the football misery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom