This used to be vacation time for the coaches | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This used to be vacation time for the coaches

Well then i talked with half a dozen in florida this week. working 3-4 jobs each.

But I agree its hard to work 80. Starting out working 60 a week was the norm and that was not really that hard. Getting to 80 was really a grind. But if you told me i was going to make 350K well then.

I guess you also have to decide what makes up the 80 hrs for a coach.. I would think the work schedule during the game yr would be quite different than during the off season.

Does traveling count as work hrs?

If you enjoy the talking dance of recruiting, then there is a lot of hrs in a day. Much like many people spend hrs a day on message boards :)
Traveling to me is worse than work hours. I'm heading to LA in a few weeks and i'm dreading the trip out and back. It's just exhausting to do that even in the comfort of a nice seat on a plane.

80 hours is alot of hours. Coaching is a tough gig if you are relied on emotionally as a husband or father. If you are single, work 100 hours and marry yourself to the job. That is a different sub set. Once you have a family it has to be a major commitment.