This W is huge, but next week | Syracusefan.com

This W is huge, but next week

Rocco

Watching you.
they have to beat Louisville to continue the momentum. A loss next week would kill all of the positive buzz this team has right now. I am confident the coaches will have these players ready. Plus, they get an extra day to rest and prepare for Louisville.

still surprised UL was favored over rutgers last week. I would think normally UL beating a team we lost to would make them the favorite but the score of the WV probably makes us a slight favorite now.

if USF wins today the whole league will be 1-1 except rutgers and USF..

Completely agree. This team has to prove that the Rutgers game was the aberration, and the West Virginia game was what this team is really about. 'Confidence levels are high.' Have to keep them that way in order for this program to really take that step forward.

they have to beat Louisville to continue the momentum. A loss next week would kill all of the positive buzz this team has right now. I am confident the coaches will have these players ready. Plus, they get an extra day to rest and prepare for Louisville.

Will be a tight physical game, low scoring... Would be a great win on the road

Will be a tight physical game, low scoring... Would be a great win on the road
yes it most likely will, however, if SU's line play is as good as it was tonight we could roll again. any type of W is a big win at this point though.

Completely agree. This team has to prove that the Rutgers game was the aberration, and the West Virginia game was what this team is really about. 'Confidence levels are high.' Have to keep them that way in order for this program to really take that step forward.

Other than turnovers,why would we want the Rutgers game to be an abberation? We've dominated both conference teams on both lines so far. I've never been more excited.

Other than turnovers,why would we want the Rutgers game to be an abberation? We've dominated both conference teams on both lines so far. I've never been more excited.

I'm as excited as anyone, and while we may have outplayed Rutgers, a loss is a loss, and a loss to an inferior opponent I hope is an aberration. But I'm not thinking about that now. I'm thinking about how good this win feels and hope we carry it into next week!

Next week takes on the added significance that a W would make us bowl-eligible.

Next week takes on the added significance that a W would make us bowl-eligible.
exactly, get that 6th win and some of the pressure will be off everyone's shoulders which hopefully lead to 8+ wins. i cant freaking wait until next weeks game. Charlie Strong will hopefully be 1-1 against SU next Sunday.

UL has a good D. I expect them to attack us a lot like they did last year, or what we saw from Wake. It will be a difficult game. I would love to keep things going forward. But with a young and inconsistant team we should nit expect that we will just move forward from where we left off vs WV. The UL game will be a dog fight and ugly. Hopefully we squeak one out.

With the UL offense being so unstable with no sure running back or quarterback the game really comes down to the SU offense against the UL defense. If we don't turn the ball over and just play a good game like against WVU then we should be fine. If we turn the ball over then it will be a dog fight.

I feel a lot better about this team now that we have seen them put an entire game together...we're a lot better than we had been playing earlier in the season.

Its going to be an exciting game for syracuse's defense. Shafer will have these guys blitzing from all angles and making sure Teddy is on his back for most of the game. We just have to play within the system (no turnovers, sound fundamentals and possession control) and we will have no problem continuing to play well. I know the WVU defense has really never been that great but we shredded them apart last night. We need to continue to have the win and at all costs mentality and show these recruits that WE are the team on the up and up and to come to us!

Really the rutgers game we will win that game 9 out of 10 times given the circumstances, anything that could have went wrong did, we needed to make 1 play hd about 5 or 6 shots to do so and still could have won if Bailey does not fumble

Its going to be an exciting game for syracuse's defense. Shafer will have these guys blitzing from all angles and making sure Teddy is on his back for most of the game. We just have to play within the system (no turnovers, sound fundamentals and possession control) and we will have no problem continuing to play well. I know the WVU defense has really never been that great but we shredded them apart last night. We need to continue to have the win and at all costs mentality and show these recruits that WE are the team on the up and up and to come to us!

We will see a lot less blitzing vs UL. We went almost exclusively Okie vs WV because they are one dimensional. They don't try and keep teams honest with the run and Smith rarely takes off from the pocket. UL will be the opposite and try to pound the FB. So we will see a D that is almost exclusively 4-3. In addition you want to make UL drive the ball because they lack talent and more often than not won't be able to sustain drives and get points. You do not want to take chances and let them get big plays. So I expect to see a bend but don't break D next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom