This week isn't a free pass, SU can and I expect to hang in | Syracusefan.com

This week isn't a free pass, SU can and I expect to hang in

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
there no need to throw in the towel but keep in mind, USC isn't a worldbeater so a thumping loss is a step back for the program, lets be clear here. I see injury excuses are being started, etc. All teams are injured at some point. On paper this is a top 55 team versus a top 30 team, it should not be just written off as a loss... Syracuse needs to play a football game and scheme to stay in the game as Minnesota did.

Do I expect to win? Not really we are 15 point underdogs but I certainly expect to see a better product on the field.. We have to continue to turn the corner and games like this go a long way in turning that NEXT corner.

as long as USC doesnt try to rush the line of scrimmage I think we will be fine..

I just hope mentally we're ready to play. Going out west has been a consistent losing situation for us, and last year will be fresh on their minds. And while USC isn't the USC of 5-6 years ago, we still know they recruit all world talent. SU really needs to be up for the challenge and not walk in there feeling inferior. We also need USC to be Lane Kiffen's USC and shoot themselves in the foot a few times. How that team has only scored 5 TDs in 2 games is beyond me, just with Barkley and Woods alone, not to mention the other cast of characters. This week, Woods, next week, Page. For a team with safeties who are better, and more utilized against the run than the pass, and a team who doesn't get a great pass rush from it's front 4, this is a CB's nightmare.

why? What are the problems there, I don't get why we all of a suddent stink at O Line, understanding that we lost Bart and replaced with Macky, but we were at least adequate there last year, 4 out of 5 back is pretty damn good.

So Minnesota can hang in there with USC but Syracuse can't? That is why the game is played
Each team presents challenges.. Our coaches need to fix the O Lien issues ina GD hurry

I would hope our OLine plays better with film on these guys to study - missing assignment issues should be few and far between now. No disadvantage like the first 2 games regarding game planning - and no excuses either regarding game planning either on both sides of the ball. I pick SU to win by 4.

I would hope our OLine plays better with film on these guys to study - missing assignment issues should be few and far between now. No disadvantage like the first 2 games regarding game planning - and no excuses either regarding game planning either on both sides of the ball. I pick SU to win by 4.

That a baby chakka...Like I said, if we lose big nobodygets a free pass here, this is year 3 not 1 and people need to quit treating USC like LSU. I don't want to see a buncg of apologists, we can play with these guys, as I have said Minnesota did

That a baby chakka...Like I said, if we lose big nobodygets a free pass here, this is year 3 not 1 and people need to quit treating USC like LSU. I don't want to see a buncg of apologists, we can play with these guys, as I have said Minnesota did
speaking of minnesota, that was the weirdest thing i've ever seen. i can't imagine getting so pissed over a bad no call that you end up having a seizure.

I watched some of the USC-Utah game Saturday. If I were on the football team, I would have a hard time concentrating on the game with their cheerleaders on the sidelines.

Exactly right.

USC ends up 3rd or 4th in the Pac 12 this year.
That's about the caliber of team we should expect to face in a bowl game.

Figure we'll be a better team by December and I'm not going to lose my with a loss, they got some big fast dudes, but this game will tell us who we are, right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom