This Weekend will be telling insofar as '12 Recruits | Syracusefan.com

This Weekend will be telling insofar as '12 Recruits

arbitragegls

All Conference
...Grant, Ledo, Jefferson...others are out and about on campuses...I do not know what I feel when I keep seeing recruits commit everywhere but 'Cuse. Any others feeling this dismay; this questioning...just seems to be a very long time for a recruit to say yes to 'Cuse...so aside from Francis saying be patient...my patience is turned to nervousness...why is it we think that we will win recruits when they have been here and gone...to another campus to be recruited...after all, a teenager is usually up for instant gratification...if they dont find it at 'Cuse by middle of September they most likely will not come here!

Can anyone tell me last five recruits to announce for 'Cuse in the October-January timeframe for that upcoming school year...maybe this will lighten my load i am carrying on my shoulders.

Our recruiting for the 2012 class is likely being constrained by a lack of obvious immediate playing time that will be available for these guys. Unless you're a top 5 kid who can come in with immense talent and displace someone, you will likely see scant minutes if at all. That is not attractive to top 40 kids. If Fab stays a third year (and nobody knows what he will do) that blocks the center spot and forces Christmas to PF which blocks that spot. CJ is likely the starting SF and both guard spots are logjammed with talent. Wouldn't surprise me if we get nobody in the 2012 class but then get some big gets in 2013 and 2014 after the logjam eases.

Calm down! How about looking at the roster and telling me where you see playing time for an incoming recruit. No matter what people like to argue, JB is only going to play 7.5 to 8 players. With the exception of SF, there isn't a position where we don't already have the heir apparent lined up to play there. And you can even make the argument that that position is covered if Fair develops a shot or Southerland develops some consistency. We have two McDonalds All Americans (Rak and MCW) on the roster that are in all likelihood going to have trouble getting on the floor this season.

If you ask me, the biggest reason that Coleman has become uncertain may just be because Fab looks like he may be here longer than was initially expected and Keita got a fair amount of run and will now be hard to bury on the bench.

There just isn't a lot of room at the inn, unless guys unexpectedly blow up this season and leave early.

C - Fab (Eligible 2012, 2013 & 2014), Keita (Eligible 2012-2014) & Xmas (Eligible 2012-2015)
PF - Fair (Eligible 2012-2014), Southerland (2012 & 2013) & Xmas
SF - Joseph (2012), Fair, Southerland, Jones (2012 & 2013)
SG - Triche (2012 & 2013), Carter-Williams (2012-2015), Cooney (2012-2015)
PG - Jardine (2012),Waiters (2012-2014) Carter-Williams

...Grant, Ledo, Jefferson...others are out and about on campuses...I do not know what I feel when I keep seeing recruits commit everywhere but 'Cuse. Any others feeling this dismay; this questioning...just seems to be a very long time for a recruit to say yes to 'Cuse...so aside from Francis saying be patient...my patience is turned to nervousness...why is it we think that we will win recruits when they have been here and gone...to another campus to be recruited...after all, a teenager is usually up for instant gratification...if they dont find it at 'Cuse by middle of September they most likely will not come here!

Can anyone tell me last five recruits to announce for 'Cuse in the October-January timeframe for that upcoming school year...maybe this will lighten my load i am carrying on my shoulders.

i think you might need to take some meds.

We don't need no stinkin recruits. We have enough talent on the team right now to win the whole enchilada. Not to mention we have a HOF coach and experienced players. We are picked preseason as top 5 by many prognosticators and if we see improvment from several players (which is not too much to expect) we are going to have a fantastic year.

I've had enough of countdowns Football is here and the rest comes fast after that. Roll out the holly and put up the artificial tree and string your light under good weather.:rolling:

I've had enough of countdowns Football is here and the rest comes fast after that. Roll out the holly and put up the artificial tree and string your light under good weather.:rolling:

Just wanted to welcome you CaliCuse...formally!

Calm down! How about looking at the roster and telling me where you see playing time for an incoming recruit. No matter what people like to argue, JB is only going to play 7.5 to 8 players. With the exception of SF, there isn't a position where we don't already have the heir apparent lined up to play there. And you can even make the argument that that position is covered if Fair develops a shot or Southerland develops some consistency. We have two McDonalds All Americans (Rak and MCW) on the roster that are in all likelihood going to have trouble getting on the floor this season.

If you ask me, the biggest reason that Coleman has become uncertain may just be because Fab looks like he may be here longer than was initially expected and Keita got a fair amount of run and will now be hard to bury on the bench.

There just isn't a lot of room at the inn, unless guys unexpectedly blow up this season and leave early.

C - Fab (Eligible 2012, 2013 & 2014), Keita (Eligible 2012-2014) & Xmas (Eligible 2012-2015)
PF - Fair (Eligible 2012-2014), Southerland (2012 & 2013) & Xmas
SF - Joseph (2012), Fair, Southerland, Jones (2012 & 2013)
SG - Triche (2012 & 2013), Carter-Williams (2012-2015), Cooney (2012-2015)
PG - Jardine (2012),Waiters (2012-2014) Carter-Williams
One name you missed entirely Boeheim!!!

Hakim Warrick was a very late recruit, and that turned out OK. I understand you getting antsy, but kids just got back on campus in the last week or two, and people want to take official visits. This is the stressful time of year, for sure, but this isn't really that big a recruiting class for us. There aren't too many open slots, and we have a lot of highly ranked kids who are still relatively new to the program. NEXT year is the big year. We could take 4 or 5 kids, if a couple leave early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom