This whole defensive secondary and coaches need to go | Syracusefan.com

This whole defensive secondary and coaches need to go

retro44

Living Legend
no ACC talent at all. This goes beyond coaching,but coaching is not going for change.

Coaches after 5 games and no talent? Come on now. If the board had its way we would be on our 12 set of Defensive coaches in 3 years. It's called a process for a reason.
What game are you watching or did you ever play?

Don't forget we've had a lot of injuries in the Def backfield. We lost our best DB Cordy in the 2nd game.

I think we do need a new DC but dont fire him till after the season. We need more of an aggresive defensive scheme. Itd be a better compliment to our offese

no ACC talent at all. This goes beyond coaching,but coaching is not going for change.
I want a more aggressive defense but I wouldn't fire the defensive Coordinator after 1 year. He has had injuries and he doesn't have players. We don't know what he can do with real players.

Ward isn't going anywhere. The defense has improved this year. Wrong players for the scheme. Suck it up for a few years. We will never have a shafer type defense under dino. Just have to hope the hope the offense out scores what we allow. Everyone wanted this type of system. You can't can't have it both ways.

The coaches are fine right now. I don't know if our secondary is even MAC level quality. The talent in the backfield is really weak.

Need a huge upgrade at LB and secondary. Way too many blown coverages, missed plays, and just straight up being out-talented.

Our secondary are so undersized - when you get elite receiver talent with size/speed we struggle. Yes there were some blown coverages but there were also cases of guys in 1 v 1 just getting burned or out sized.

Calls for coaching changes at this point are just dumb for two reasons - 1) They AREN'T happening in year 1 and 2) We haven't seen this staff even coach with a full complement of their own players yet.

I hate posts that unfairly throw 20 year old kids under the bus. Our talent level isn't helping, but these runaway scores aren't because of our talent. The talent level is far from the reason for our defensive shortcomings. A number of other factors are playing a significant role.

1) We have players that were recruited for a completely different scheme.
2) We're running a new scheme
3) Said scheme has obvious flaws that are well known
4) Our offense is putting the D in a tough spot.
5) Half the teams that we've played are elite on offense.

Based on articles in the PS.com Coley, Trotter and Melifonwu will be the only additions in the secondary and I don't see any coaching changes happening. This is what we've got to work with. Coaches need to coach 'em up.

Also, Kizer looked like he was playing 7v7 today. No secondary can cover WRs all day. Need some pass rush.

No secondary looks good when a QB is comfortable and has all day to throw. Front 4 ran into a brick wall today.

That said, we clearly have some miscommunication between the DBs on when there is help over the top and when there isn't.

Who do you think these coaches are working with? Good luck finding someone who could do better. No seniors and mediocre-at-best talent is not a great combo.

Season and a half really means a season and a half. Y'all can either be patient, or never have nice sht.

People complain when coaches use "coach speak" instead of answering questions with real answers. Barbers outlined our timeline for success pretty bluntly.

Based on articles in the PS.com Coley, Trotter and Melifonwu will be the only additions in the secondary and I don't see any coaching changes happening. This is what we've got to work with. Coaches need to coach 'em up.

Also, Kizer looked like he was playing 7v7 today. No secondary can cover WRs all day. Need some pass rush.
Don't be surprised is Stritzinger finds his way over to that side of the ball as well to get early playing time...

Also I don't see Edwards flipping but he isn't completely out of the picture

Ward isn't going anywhere. The defense has improved this year. Wrong players for the scheme. Suck it up for a few years. We will never have a shafer type defense under dino. Just have to hope the hope the offense out scores what we allow. Everyone wanted this type of system. You can't can't have it both ways.
Actually thought the defense did well. Kept things in front of them for the most part. There were a few screwups. That's not a lack of talent, that's being out of position. An inexperience thing. This style of D does require a bit more "active" offense to successfully win games. That, too, is improving.

Honestly, I believe that had we met ND three weeks ago, they'd have smoked our asses by 30+ points.

No secondary looks good when a QB is comfortable and has all day to throw. Front 4 ran into a brick wall today.

That said, we clearly have some miscommunication between the DBs on when there is help over the top and when there isn't.

Very true. The DB's were bad, but they definitely didn't get any help by the DL. Each and every one of them was getting stoned right at the point of contact. Absolutely no pass rush and absolutely no pressure is putting a lot on an already bad secondary.

Yep, the secondary is bad but it doesn't help that the DL got mauled all game.

Have to give the coaches a chance to recruit a couple of classes. Need a huge talent transfusion on the defensive side of the ball. The secondary is slow and looks bad but there's no pass rush so they get totally exposed. A better pass rush makes the secondary look a lot better. The offense has some talent and can score but the defense is pitiful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom