This whole defensive secondary and coaches need to go | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This whole defensive secondary and coaches need to go

Very true. The DB's were bad, but they definitely didn't get any help by the DL. Each and every one of them was getting stoned right at the point of contact. Absolutely no pass rush and absolutely no pressure is putting a lot on an already bad secondary.
What game did you watch? No way were they getting "stoned" at the point of contact throughout the game. And the DBs did a good job, overall, too. If anything, the game was lost because of too many dropped passes, and a few bungled ST plays.

Yep, the secondary is bad but it doesn't help that the DL got mauled all game.
Know how long it takes Bama's front 4 to get to the QB? About 4-6 seconds, on average. Currently watching FSU. Their line is taking about 4-6 seconds.

Scores like this are what happens when the D is left out there forever. Stalled drives have caused this. This game, it was the dropped passes. All of this is lack of experience in a totally new system, not a "lack of talent".

Here we go.
If anyone thinks that it's any ONE thing (e.g. D) that's responsible has an EXTREMELY narrow minded, non-systemic view of what's going on.

Plus, y'all keep forgetting about the SEASON AND A HALF Coach Babers has said it would take to see a significant turnaround.

Besides, y'all are completely IGNORING the positives that are beginning to happen on BOTH sides of the ball.

Know how long it takes Bama's front 4 to get to the QB? About 4-6 seconds, on average. Currently watching FSU. Their line is taking about 4-6 seconds.

Scores like this are what happens when the D is left out there forever. Stalled drives have caused this. This game, it was the dropped passes. All of this is lack of experience in a totally new system, not a "lack of talent".

Time of possession was dead even until ND killed the clock on their last series.

The D got shredded, the O stalled in the 3rd quarter, and the ST stunk. Just not our day, team loss.

If anyone thinks that it's any ONE thing (e.g. D) that's responsible has an EXTREMELY narrow minded, non-systemic view of what's going on.

Nope, it was a complete team loss, as I said. Every unit.

What game did you watch? No way were they getting "stoned" at the point of contact throughout the game. And the DBs did a good job, overall, too. If anything, the game was lost because of too many dropped passes, and a few bungled ST plays.
I agree with this. Yeah the secondary gave up some long td passes but we have to expect that to happen with what he have. Defense came U.K. With way more stops then I would have ever have guessed. The offense stopped moving the ball and the game was over.

uhhhh...pretty sure i just watched the game where Kizer sat in the pocket looking down receivers like he was playing QB at a 4th of July block party.

No we didn't. Be fair. Our defense couldn't play with ND. Our offense did.

No we didn't. Be fair. Our defense couldn't play with ND. Our offense did.
Uh, our O dropped too many passes, which killed our drives. DBs gave up a few big plays. They're much better, though, than at the beginning of the season.

Our offense scored over 30 pts.
30 would have won more games with last years defense. Unfortunately 30 isn't enough with our new offense. Opposing offenses are going to get the ball back a lot more then if they were playing a slower offense.

Uh, our O dropped too many passes, which killed our drives. DBs gave up a few big plays. They're much better, though, than at the beginning of the season.
They also missed out on a garanteed touchdown pass.

We were down 7-0 after two plays.

Not enough points. And we could have scored at least twice more, if it weren't for dropped passes.
Close game that could have turned on a couple plays. I enjoyed the game a lot and expected good things all game. We're not as far as we think from pulling these games out. Special teams hurt a lot today, but Notre Dame played well enough to win. Bring on the next game...we're going to be good by the end of the season...hopefully soon enough to get to 6 wins...

Close game that could have turned on a couple plays. I enjoyed the game a lot and expected good things all game. We're not as far as we think from pulling these games out. Special teams hurt a lot today, but Notre Dame played well enough to win. Bring on the next game...we're going to be good by the end of the season...hopefully soon enough to get to 6 wins...
Totally agree. Kids are getting better. You can see inklings of where it's clicking for them.

30 would have won more games with last years defense. Unfortunately 30 isn't enough with our new offense. Opposing offenses are going to get the ball back a lot more then if they were playing a slower offense.
Quoted for emphasis.

Plus, y'all keep forgetting about the SEASON AND A HALF Coach Babers has said it would take to see a significant turnaround.

Besides, y'all are completely IGNORING the positives that are beginning to happen on BOTH sides of the ball.
I actually feel really good about everything. The offense is gelling faster than expected, and I was totally expecting the D to take a while to figure it all out.

I actually feel really good about everything. The offense is gelling faster than expected, and I was totally expecting the D to take a while to figure it all out.
Totally agree.

I even thought that Notre Dames defense looked worse than ours, filled with 5 star talent. We had 3 or 4 big broken plays make us look bad...but they had trouble stopping everything.
Special teams killed us. If the offense played better in the second half we would have had a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom