This will blow your mind | Syracusefan.com

This will blow your mind

The reason Josh Allen ended up at Wyoming was because Dungey reneged and snubbed them and they needed a guy.
It is crazy how bad football coaches are at evaluating talent in HS.

According to Nunes, the only reason we offered Eric is because a QB we offered named Donovan Hale went to Indiana instead of Syracuse.

What happened to Donovan at Indiana?

He was immediately switched to WR at Indiana and never threw a pass in college.

Man lands on the moon
I miss these posts from the older iterations of the board.

moon_landing_reprint.jpg

The reason Josh Allen ended up at Wyoming was because Dungey reneged and snubbed them and they needed a guy.
This is the second time this information has blown my mind.

According to Nunes, the only reason we offered Eric is because a QB we offered named Donovan Hale went to Indiana instead of Syracuse.

A QB that is immediately switched to WR and never throws a pass in a D1 game sounds like just our jam for a few years there.

Never heard that about Josh Allen either.

Thags probably really cool for the Cuse/Bills fans. Which has me thinking...

What's the local Syracuse Area % breakdown of NFL fandom?

Majority Bills? With mix of Giants(proximity to the UAlbany camp days) Eagles, Jets?, Patriots? Steelers?

Yup. I tell this story to Buffalo fans every chance I get. Thank Cuse for Josh!!!

Makes me wonder how many all star players never even end up playing college ball do to lack of offers.

Our next great QB could be sitting on the coach somewhere, with no interest.

Part of the problem is the massive differences in talent level in high school; a kid can look great dominating lesser talent but then wash out in college. Or not look great but actually have a lot of talent; an example would be a WR with a terrible QB -how do you evaluate that kid? Plus you'll see little evaluation and scouting of a kid at a lesser school, so those evals are really just guesses - not a shock they are wrong a lot.

I remember going to a U-E - Binghamton playoff game years ago when Chandler Jones was playing, and watching him blow through triple teams to sack the QB or tackle the RB in the backfield. I suspected he was really, really good - but its still hard to tell since I had no way to really evaluate how good Binghamton was. It turns out he was really good - but I've also seen other guys I thought were diamonds in the rough that at most played special teams for their entire career.

Projecting a college player to the NFL is really hard; from high school to college is ten times harder. Its really slightly educated guessing for the most part.

Our HS had several kids who were decent WRs which is hard to defend at the HS level if the QB can throw just a little.. But our coach was power single wing type, which was fine when we played teams our size but not so good when we went up bigger teams.

You never know how many small school kids never get a shot, its not like Baseball/soccer/basketball with tons of leagues to go play.. Mostly you have 7x7 but that still requires getting some place and having a decent qb to show your skills.. Most of these kids are not going fball camping at the smaller schools as they are multisport guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom