This will help Dion | Syracusefan.com

This will help Dion

iommi

Living Legend
I don't know whether he's been not 100% or whether he's been reading his press clippings lately or playing for the scouts...but Dion has really taken a few steps back lately.

I think his time riding the pine tonite is just what the doctor ordered. I think you'll see a focused Dion going forward...This will get him to refocus and we'll see the Dion from earlier this year.

ps: Please, let's get Melo back...pretty please.

I hope this helps him, instead of making him pout...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I agree. Last year he would've sulked. I think this will refocus him.

I don't know whether he's been not 100% or whether he's been reading his press clippings lately or playing for the scouts...but Dion has really taken a few steps back lately.

I think his time riding the pine tonite is just what the doctor ordered. I think you'll see a focused Dion going forward...This will get him to refocus and we'll see the Dion from earlier this year.

ps: Please, let's get Melo back...pretty please.

I would think he responds. He will be fine. How many games did Scoop and Brandon have their butts on the pines this year? Benefit of having a solid deep backcourt.

Yeah, he'll respond. JB may actually talk to him individually as well. I think he comes back strong. The Dion of last year would've b*tched and pouted. Not this year.

I couldn't watch the game. Did he ride the pine because he wasn't playing well? Did he appear to be pissed?

I couldn't watch the game. Did he ride the pine because he wasn't playing well? Did he appear to be pissed?

More because Scoop and Brandon played so well. He had a drive and charge and got yanked and never went back in Looked ok on the bench.

He rode the pine because he wasn't play well and IMO took some bad runners and bad shots. He rode the pine just about the entire 2nd half and I never saw him complain (didn't see him reacting one way or the other). We were commenting in the chat room that he was doing a little too much "me first" stuff when he was in there.

Dion was pumped when Scoop hit the 3 to make it 11; I think he'll be fine.

He rode the pine because he wasn't play well and IMO took some bad runners and bad shots. He rode the pine just about the entire 2nd half and I never saw him complain (didn't see him reacting one way or the other). We were commenting in the chat room that he was doing a little too much "me first" stuff when he was in there.

This was a game where he really didnt need to do the me first stuff. We were able to penetrate and dish at will at times.

the best part of dion's game is the pace he plays at. fast, but under control. in the last two games, he has been pressing, trying a little too hard and playing too fast. the talent is all there, hopefully his ride on the pine will remind him to play in the framework of the team. we need him.

This was a game where he really didnt need to do the me first stuff. We were able to penetrate and dish at will at times.
I think you're right but when we couldn't buy a bucket in the 1st half it seemed Dion was trying to be The Man and it led to some of his old me-first habits of last year.

I wonder how much that taped up hand is bothering him.

I know that his off-hand is the one hat's taped, but he hasn't been shooting the ball as well as he was earlier. At least it seems that way

More because Scoop and Brandon played so well. He had a drive and charge and got yanked and never went back in Looked ok on the bench.

He was a complete non-factor in the Florida game as well...he will be fine

1st half he did at least try to pass on the fast break .he'd clearly forgotten how and double dribbled but he did at least try!

yeah, hopefully he reacts well and doesn't pout. Dion needs to stop with the running floaters and just get to the hoop instead - or pull up.

Notice, when he was on the break...Cinci didnt even guard the passing lane against Dion. 2 guys just ran at him and went for the block. Smart coaching by Cronin. His guys were schooled on that and ready for it.

I think you're right but when we couldn't buy a bucket in the 1st half it seemed Dion was trying to be The Man and it led to some of his old me-first habits of last year.
Yea I noticed that too. Almost could see the wheels in his head spinning.

Dion may not be alright. He either has an injury or something is bothering him. When he came into the game there was not the normal energy and attitude he usually brings. A step slower and no spring in his step. Same way at South Bend. I think there is something more involved.

Of course the fact that 50 Cent gave him a shout out on Twitter tonight might not do much to cease the swelling of his head.

Couple things. He took the wrap off his left hand at some point during the game. He was not himself tonight, clearly - he played soft for the first time I have ever seen. He was completely ineffective tonight. I do think he was in the doghouse in the 2nd half because we were desperate for ball handlers and FT shooters in the final 90 seconds and in came CJ, not Dion. If there was ever a time to run BT, Scoop, and Dion at once, that was it.

Hopefully he will be fine. This win becomes all the more impressive when you realize we did it without Fab and Dion.

Dion is a complex kid. The same bravado and cocky sense of self righteousness which make him such a dynamic player can work against him at times as well. That's why I think Dion would benefit from hanging around the program another year. Whether that happens or not is anybodys guess but I contend it would do a lot to help him stick once he hits the floor in the League. He is an amazing talent and it's easy to lose sight of the fact that there is still quite a bit of room for dramatic improvement both in his physical game and mental acumen.

Dion played wreck less tonight and I got a sense that he was so good that he could make Jordan type moves