Thomas Bryant in the building | Syracusefan.com

Thomas Bryant in the building

He looked like he was enjoying himself. Seemed to be tying to hold back from openly cheering for SU, but clapped and looked excited when SU went on runs or made a big play. Happy to see him there with his mother I'm assuming. She looked happy as well. Good day all around.

Good news to hear he was there. Of course, it does make one wonder where the scholarship will come from in light of JB's recent comments about McC...

Good news to hear he was there. Of course, it does make one wonder where the scholarship will come from in light of JB's recent comments about McC...

Either DC2 doesn't ever come back or someone goes elsewhere.

HoustonCuse said:

Long way to go with Chris, but if he keeps playing like this, he's back.

A transfer -- BJ or Patterson -- is also a possibility.

I can't see either playing next year with the guys returning and what's incoming.

I feel like this team has a bunch of Demetrus Nichols(es)... guys who will be up and down until something snaps in their brain and they become studs. I could put Mike G, Kaleb, BJ, Roberson, McCullough all into that category. I wonder how the recruiting class for next year (and, hate to say it, potential sanctions) will impact the development of all.

i gotta think BJ or Patterson will transfer. Both could start for many P5 teams.

HoustonCuse said:
I feel like this team has a bunch of Demetrus Nichols(es)... guys who will be up and down until something snaps in their brain and they become studs. I could put Mike G, Kaleb, BJ, Roberson, McCullough all into that category. I wonder how the recruiting class for next year (and, hate to say it, potential sanctions) will impact the development of all.

How would sanctions impact their development?

Just checked the stats and BJ was DNP. I hope the kid toughs it out and focuses on getting stronger (GOMAD this summer?).

who's job is he after ? if he wants PT then the syracuse grass gotta be looking a lot greener rather than the kentucky blue. if he wants to win games...

Just checked the stats and BJ was DNP. I hope the kid toughs it out and focuses on getting stronger (GOMAD this summer?).
He'll get there my friend. Surprised he showed some good signs defensive rebounding a stretch of games. And that shot falling is just a matter of time.

We will pull a Miami fball move and put a guy on scholarship for another sport, no but seriously ill be shocked if we dont have a spot open

I think this is a great sign. We really need this kid. I said it a while a go, if Bryant wants to come, a scholarship will become available.Kids are "Encouraged" to transfer all the time. We have all already discussed the likely suspects. Imagine if Bryant comes and DCII is healthy and can play again! I am rooting for DCII to make it all the way back…he has worked hard and what a story that would make.

How would sanctions impact their development?

Limited scholarships in the out years (less players coming in), less practices because of loss of postseason, stuff like that.

HoustonCuse said:
Limited scholarships in the out years (less players coming in), less practices because of loss of postseason, stuff like that.

We'll be okay.

I think this is a great sign. We really need this kid. I said it a while a go, if Bryant wants to come, a scholarship will become available.Kids are "Encouraged" to transfer all the time. We have all already discussed the likely suspects. Imagine if Bryant comes and DCII is healthy and can play again! I am rooting for DCII to make it all the way back…he has worked hard and what a story that would make.

That kind of "encouragement" is out of the Calhoun book. The kid may be a stud but, unless the player you are going to encourage to leave does something to merit being run out of town, then the Cuse should stand by their commitment. Nothing wrong with being realistic with the player but they shouldn't be "encouraged" to leave.

shermstheman said:
That kind of "encouragement" is out of the Calhoun book. The kid may be a stud but, unless the player you are going to encourage to leave does something to merit being run out of town, then the Cuse should stand by their commitment. Nothing wrong with being realistic with the player but they shouldn't be "encouraged" to leave.

That unnamed player will be spoken to.

Long way to go with Chris, but if he keeps playing like this, he's back.

A transfer -- BJ or Patterson -- is also a possibility.

I can't see either playing next year with the guys returning and what's incoming.
For some reason I keep thinking that Patterson has lost a year of eligibility which would reduce the likelihood of him transferring. He turns 22 in January which is old for a Sophomore.

For some reason I keep thinking that Patterson has lost a year of eligibility which would reduce the likelihood of him transferring. He turns 22 in January which is old for a Sophomore.

Prep school after the fall out with IU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom