Thompson | Syracusefan.com

Thompson

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
hes quickly becoming 1 of my fav players. Love his demeanor, hes 1 cool cat. Has he smiled once yet? His reaction after the buzzer beater cracks me up, he's in the middle of the celebration but check out his facial expression, it's like he's going for a Sunday stroll in the park lol

He had a few quick second half buckets vs. UVA to get us started - and did the same tonight except with a lot more buckets. Dude has been clutch in the 2nd half. If he can ever figure out how to play D THIS YEAR (I think he'll figure it out by next year) we will be tough to contain offensively. That's 5 threats, all of whom can score from any level (ok maybe not TT from 3).

hes quickly becoming 1 of my fav players. Love his demeanor, hes 1 cool cat. Has he smiled once yet? His reaction after the buzzer beater cracks me up, he's in the middle of the celebration but check out his facial expression, it's like he's going for a Sunday stroll in the park lol

I love the dude, but I think he's going to be one of those guys that drives you NUTZ during his entire career..looking like first team NBA one game, then first team Korean Basketball League the next.

I love the dude, but I think he's going to be one of those guys that drives you NUTZ during his entire career..looking like first team NBA one game, then first team Korean Basketball League the next.
That's exactly how I see him as well.

He seems very selfish on offense sometimes, but he makes enough shots for most to look past that.

If he becomes a gunner, what do you think he's nickname will be? don't forget he's a Thompson.

He could be a slightly less athletic Hakim Warrick for us on offense, and I don't think I'm overselling it at all. He could also be the worst defensive frontcourt player to average over 20 minutes a game that we've ever had.

The kid has some serious low post skills. On defense I think he just has some freshmen-itus. Playing the 5 in Syracuse 2-3 zone takes a long time to learn for some kids. I think once his defense improves, and I am confident it will, he will be one of our biggest superstars. Maybe even the main go-to guy next season.

Slightly?

He's pretty athletic. I'd guess his vert is only a few inches shy of Warrick's 38" mark. He's pretty light on his feet. He just sucks at the rotations on defense so he looks slower than he is. Too busy thinkin'.

JB said in the PP very talented offensively on defense not so much. i'm sure by now any coach scouting us has to know that when TT touches the ball there's an 85% chance he's going to shoot it. he's locked in on the rim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom