Those 2 missed dunks | Syracusefan.com

Those 2 missed dunks

Oh stop. His effort was good. He missed shots.
Nah.
Oh stop. His effort was good. He missed shots.
Serious? With the 900 terrible lobs, 1-6 and 0-2 from three. He is supposed to be our 2nd best player on the floor. They play a zone and he shoots the highest percentage on team from three. He couldn’t find a look all game? He had 4 more points the Moyer.

missed Fts. missed dunks. and 2-3 times they got the rebound on a ft and we got one and dribbled out bounds..

more than enough chances..

It’s amazing that with all of that, plus the turnovers, plus our limited roster and we only lose to that Duke team by 4.

JB is Gandalf. The white, not the grey.

Nah.

Serious? With the 900 terrible lobs, 1-6 and 0-2 from three. He is supposed to be our 2nd best player on the floor. They play a zone and he shoots the highest percentage on team from three. He couldn’t find a look all game? He had 4 more points the Moyer.

led the team with 5 assts. led the team with 8 rebs. only 3 turnovers which were all on lobs. yes a few too many lobs. but he was fine.

led the team with 5 assts. led the team with 8 rebs. only 3 turnovers which were all on lobs. yes a few too many lobs. but he was fine.
I disagree. I would like to see better play out of the pg. they got a good game out of the 4 other starters. What can you do though.

Missed front ends by frank and tyus. Changed how they played. The miss by frank was killer. He really should find his own way back. The effort level was sub standard.

It wasn't so much that they missed them, it was what they represented. Battle's would have tied the game. And Howard's would have prolonged the game.

Don't start celebrating, I'm sure someone will top that.
I may have went over the top with the find his way home but...the missed front ends were tough at the end. Tyus included.

I kept waiting for Howard to have a 13-16 point game all tourney but to have 6 points and not try to insert himself as an offensive threat is frustrating. I get there are other ways besides scoring but to me personally I just see him on the wrong end of to many clutch plays. It’s my opinion obviously.

Duke missed multiple open 3s. That evened that out.

Exactly. I was kind of keeping track of the 'scale' of the game as it went on. We'd miss a dunk and then Grayson would miss a wide open 3. IMO, the glaring mistakes by both teams evened out.

We had to play a perfect, A+ game of basketball to win tonight. We played A basketball. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have went over the top with the find his way home but...the missed front ends were tough at the end. Tyus included.

I kept waiting for Howard to have a 13-16 point game all tourney but to have 6 points and not try to insert himself as an offensive threat is frustrating. I get there are other ways besides scoring but to me personally I just see him on the wrong end of to many clutch plays. It’s my opinion obviously.
Scoring was not the problem tonight. The turnovers (a few of which led to momentum changing runouts) and some poor defensive rebounding killed them. Howard got everyone involved offensively tonight, which is his job. No way does he deserve criticism for his effort or performance in this game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom