Those Dion to Wade comparisons | Syracusefan.com

Those Dion to Wade comparisons

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Watching Dion as of late, he is reminding me less and less of Dwayne Wade. The other night I marveled at Wade's resiliency. Over the past decade starting in college then into the NBA with some Olympics thrown in Dwayne has played balls to the wall. Get's knocked down, bounces right back up.

Lately I have noticed Dion has been veering away, almost afraid of contact. He is into his first season of major minutes and over the last three games we have seen his game regress in almost every area. Who knows maybe it is related to Fab's absence? Maybe he misses those screens? Whatever it is I want to see Dion dig down and play tougher.

I think part of it is the lack of calls. He gets hacked more often than not on drives and as of late is not getting the calls.

I think it is probably a combination of factors. Fab is a big body that does a lot of clearing out when the guards drive. Also, without Fab in there, there really is no big with hands to dump off to. Finally, I think Dion may be putting a little bit too much pressure on himself. He is very competitive and is probably pressing a bit in Fab's absence. JB is also giving him the ball more and it may be taking him a bit of time as he is becoming more of a focus. I am quite sure he will settle down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom