Thoughts about Chukwu | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts about Chukwu

Big guys take longer to develop, its going to be a process, the free throws have to improve though.
Yeah, Kansas figured out that fouling was a higher percentage of stopping points than soft deffense hopping he would miss the shot. Got so they didn't even care if they fouled him

We were actually feeding him yesterday and he was able to do some damage - if anything he should get the other bigs in foul trouble. He's definitely useful and along with Sidbie this might be our best C combo since AO-Rick.

As far as OP - I don't think it would have mattered last year. The main issue with the zone was Gillon's size IMO. Lydon was good in the middle. Roberson played it better than AW3 anyway but there's no way AW3 was gonna get benched in favor of Robey. AW3 and Gillon still would have played no matter who the C was and I think they were the main issues in the zone (and TT)

TBH I'm glad PC got a redshirt last year - this year and the next few years teams have way more potential to make an NCAA run than last years did IMO
But doesn't his red shirt not apply since he lost a 1/5 of his eligibilty with his sit out from the transfer? 5 yrs to play 4. With playing 1 yr at Providence, sit out yr and RS year, he only has 2 yrs eligibilty?

He makes 71% of his FG attempts - highest on the team (including the offensively talented SB), and made 66% of his attempts at Providence.

Honestly, he's way better than I expected. Admittedly I was expecting almost nothing. He's not as impactful as you'd hope from someone 7'3",but he's presenting for passes, and if he could finish even a little and/or hit some free throws he'd be adequate enough.

Well, he'd be adequate enough if we had someone at PF. :(

Just saw Chukwu missed dunk and tech. That tech was an awful call, but what about that missed dunk. How does somebody that size miss that? There's really no excuse.

Just saw Chukwu missed dunk and tech. That tech was an awful call, but what about that missed dunk. How does somebody that size miss that? There's really no excuse.

It's like his feet got tangled with each other or something. It looked like those times when my ankle gives out for no reason whatsoever on flat ground when I'm walking back to the couch.

If I could ask for one thing from PC for the remainder of the year, is that he would score every time he gets fouled under the basket. That's all. I want him going to the line for just one shot, knowing he's already contributed 2 points to the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom