Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
-Piggybacking off of Tomcat’a take.

-Not a real surprise to me. Just never felt we were in this or felt we would win. Jalen looked Kaleb-esque to start and we got down from a momentum standpoint to start the game. Guys picking up dribbles and/or overdribbling, etc. Jalen finished strong.

-Everything ISO. I mean everything. Did not try to post up once I think. No extra passes on drives. Really horrific offense and it won’t change much with Frank back. It’s how the system is. Gotta make tough shots and ISO plays. Tough when there isn’t a lot of speed out there. Length we have. Speed and physicality? Not much. How many times were we rejected around the basket?

- Cobb took it to Chukwu and Paschal was pretty much invisible. Cobb killed him.

- People talk about UConn’s threes also but they were stepping into shots VS zone and not M2M. Our guys sagged off and they just stepped into easily makeable shots.

-Oshae and Hughes either drove and/or shot VS tough traffic and defense. Lots of bad shots and bad decisions.

- They were clearly more scrappy and sound. Oregon will be a tougher test. Their guards killed us in all facets tonight and as Boeheim said “they crushed us inside.”

Last edited:
-Piggybacking off of Tomcat’a take.

-Not a real surprise to me. Just never felt we were in this or felt we would win. Jalen looked Kaleb-esque to start and we got down from a momentum standpoint to start the game. Guys picking up dribbles and/or overdribbling, etc. Jalen finished strong.

-Everything ISO. I mean everything. Did not try to post up once I think. No extra passes on drives. Really horrific offense and it won’t change with Frank back. It’s how the system is. Gotta make tough shots and ISO plays.

- Cobb took it to Chukwu and Paschal was pretty much invisible. Cobb killed him.

- People talk about UConn’s threes also but they were stepping into shots VS zone and not M2M. Our guys sagged off and they just stepped into easily makeable shots.

-Oshae and Hughes either drove and/or shot VS tough traffic and defense. Lots of bad shots and bad decisions.

- They were clearly more scrappy and sound. Oregon will be a tougher test. Their guards killed us in all facets tonight and as Boeheim said “they crushed us inside.”

Nice write up. When I saw the part about the threes, I felt inspired to ask how much of this you'd put onto Boheim? (no, not Buddy)

Nice write up. When I saw the part about the threes, I felt inspired to ask how much of this you'd put onto Boheim? (no, not Buddy)

I mean some of them were far out but they are open and our guys let them shoot uncontested...after they had proved that they could shoot tonight. That’s all I will say. Disappointing.

We will be straight with Frankie back. Thats a tough hole to fill. Yukon hit a ton of outside threes that won them the game thats the way it breaks so be it. Tonight is not who we are as a team though that was us at our lowest but credit to uconn for hitting shots and playing tough they battled and got the W.

We will be straight with Frankie back. Thats a tough hole to fill. Yukon hit a ton of outside threes that won them the game thats the way it breaks so be it. Tonight is not who we are as a team though that was us at our lowest but credit to uconn for hitting shots and playing tough they battled and got the W.

It’s not that simple. We are still an ISO team without lottery picks. Cobb killed us inside. There are a bunch of problems.

It was pitiful all the way up and down. Pitiful game plan, pitiful execution, pitiful effort. I know I’ve seen worse performances from Syracuse but it seems like it’s been a while. Even the energy level was just lacking. Our players looked like they were in a malaise, Yukon guys were bouncing all over, completely different energy level.

An aside: have we played well in MSG since our last BET? Even in the wins we have looked terrible.

It was pitiful all the way up and down. Pitiful game plan, pitiful execution, pitiful effort. I know I’ve seen worse performances from Syracuse but it seems like it’s been a while. Even the energy level was just lacking. Our players looked like they were in a malaise, Yukon guys were bouncing all over, completely different energy level.

Agreed. It was disheartening to hear JB also in the presser talk about the styles of play between the two teams. Even though we already know it but Boeheim said, when compared to UConn, that SU “doesn’t come after you.” Talking about the centers he said that they aren’t physical. What are we?

We will be OK but I will be at the game tomorrow so I think we play better. They won't ruin my ND pregame. Would like to see more Buddy TBH.

We will be OK but I will be at the game tomorrow so I think we play better. They won't ruin my ND pregame. Would like to see more Buddy TBH.

Would like to see Buddy also but he was lost. Shortly after he picked up his dribble out behind the 3pt line and got stuck then turned it over, he was pulled. Probably the right move.

Would like to see Buddy also but he was lost. Shortly after he picked up his dribble out behind the 3pt line and got stuck then turned it over, he was pulled. Probably the right move.

Absolutely. Dunno why he got shy on his trigger finger I don't think he attempted a three.

Buddy has been ice cold but hes a solid handle if Frankie is out roll with him IMO.

how bout we recruit a pure point guard for once? sick of these combo guards they try to turn into points. PG's are born not made...

I went to a really good Oregon game 2 years ago when Ball went off and somehow Oregon won I just want a fun game tonight was a rock fight that sucked.

Just give me a fun game at 430 I gotta work when I get into my hotel at noon I don't want to watch any yukon garbage Im about to leave for the bus. Football game is what matters the hoop stuff is just window dressing IMO. This aint our team until our general Frankie plays.

Absolutely. Dunno why he got shy on his trigger finger I don't think he attempted a three.

Buddy has been ice cold but hes a solid handle if Frankie is out roll with him IMO.

Except his handle has been suspect to start the season. He picked up his dribble too much tonight. UConn got up on him far from the basket and he was toast.

how bout we recruit a pure point guard for once? sick of these combo guards they try to turn into points. PG's are born not made...

That’s not going to change.

Best game I have ever been to for the record was Dion game 2012 Wisconsin game in the Garden in Boston. Ohhhh my what a game that was.

Except his handle has been suspect to start the season. He picked up his dribble too much tonight. UConn got up on him far from the basket and he was toast.

JB yanked him quick.

We will see tomorrow.

I think it will be an awesome game and we win TBH. Looking forward to my post game plans and the football.

I got a high five from Walton when he was apparently butthurt about the court storming too. I wish he was calling tomorrows game or we had Dukie V its so much fun when they are on the mike.

An aside: have we played well in MSG since our last BET? Even in the wins we have looked terrible.

Every time we play at MSG it looks as if the team shared a hookah in the locker room before the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom