Thoughts | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts

Great to hear. I know nobody can question your son work ethic. How much does he weight currently?

The improvement of "my three sons" will be crucial to next seasons success. Especially if Grant is gone.
About 188-190 looking to add 10
bj vs SF.jpg
-15pds of muscle/mass over the summer just as in the previous summer. BJ @ 170pds 2012-13

He is wiry and deceptively very strong. Spends as time on S &C as in the gym. A HUGE FIRE couchburnHAS BEEN IGNITED AND THE MAN IS PISSED!!!! couchburn View attachment 10061
Pumped for next year. And very glad that he's pissed. Just the fire the fellas need next season. Get it back.

They should imho, but I have no idea if they will. Silent G as the backup was clearly not the answer at point. Joseph is going to need some help.
Agree with you, need another handle that can create his own shot and/or distribute. I hope Joseph doesn't have to log heavy minutes the entire season.

I agree, don't think that Silent G is really a pg, especially if he has to play major minutes with a freshman that may not be as rock solid as Ennis. Of course adding another guard to Joseph, Cooney, Gbinije, and Patterson might create a pretty crowded backcourt. Will be interesting to see if they bring in someone else. Saw a video of a pretty good 5th year guard that put up nice numbers.

Francis - What are your thoughts on Kareem Canty from Marshall as a transfer possibility? He is a 6'1" PG from Brooklyn he averaged over 5 assists last year for Marshall? Did we look at him at all while he was in high school?

I agree, don't think that Silent G is really a pg, especially if he has to play major minutes with a freshman that may not be as rock solid as Ennis. Of course adding another guard to Joseph, Cooney, Gbinije, and Patterson might create a pretty crowded backcourt. Will be interesting to see if they bring in someone else. Saw a video of a pretty good 5th year guard that put up nice numbers.
yea I don't think adding another guard is necessary

Francis - What are your thoughts on Kareem Canty from Marshall as a transfer possibility? He is a 6'1" PG from Brooklyn he averaged over 5 assists last year for Marshall? Did we look at him at all while he was in high school?
With the good chance of landing Frankie Howard coming up. I don't think the staff would go after a guard that isn't a short term fix, such as 5th yr or JC. Plus I think Canty is going to have to sit out for the year. So he wouldn't help us next season.

Does Patterson have PG potential or is he strictly an off-guard?

shandeezy7 said:
Does Patterson have PG potential or is he strictly an off-guard?

He's not a point guard.

With the good chance of landing Frankie Howard coming up. I don't think the staff would go after a guard that isn't a short term fix, such as 5th yr or JC. Plus I think Canty is going to have to sit out for the year. So he wouldn't help us next season.
How do you feel about our chances w/Howard? And is he a PG or combo guard? I've seen him described as a Shooting Guard that can also play point if needed. What does he project as?

How do you feel about our chances w/Howard? And is he a PG or combo guard? I've seen him described as a Shooting Guard that can also play point if needed. What does he project as?
Francis has stated in another thread that the staff views him as a pg in the MCW mold. Francis would no more than me at what our chances are with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom