Three consecutive games…. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Three consecutive games….

Notice how Jesse has been able to stay in the game the last couple games?
It's because of using the weak side guard to cover the guy at the foul line.
Otherwise, if somebody makes the entry pass to the post, it's always 2 vs. 1 against our center.
How do you figure it's always 2v1 off an entry pass? We have 2 Gs and 2 Fs to cover 2 Gs and 2 Fs. Now, if they get beat with dribble penetration, then,yes, it's 2v1.

This team is just built to be inconsistent. Offensively we can score 50 one night, 95 the next, and 50 the following game. Relying on bad shooters to knock down a ton of 3’s each game is not a recipe for consistency.

That’s not even mentioning the worst zone defensive team JB will ever have. The foot speed / athleticism 1-4 is extremely poor .

Going to be a long year

We are #64 out of 65 P5 teams in terms of KenPom adjusted defensive efficiency.
#64. How the hell does that happen.
I’ll take this one.

You build a unique defense that is predicated on tall, lanky guards to disrupt passing lanes and make the pass to the free throw line difficult, and on long, rangy forwards with lateral quickness to shift from the wing to the corner and also to get to the hoop when the center is pushed up or challenging a corner three. And then you build your lineup around two slow-footed guards who don’t disrupt passing lanes (so the entry pass to the foul line is available every trip down the court) and possibly the slowest-footed pair of starting forwards of any P5 team. That’s how you do it.

How do you figure it's always 2v1 off an entry pass? We have 2 Gs and 2 Fs to cover 2 Gs and 2 Fs. Now, if they get beat with dribble penetration, then,yes, it's 2v1.

If the center is guarding a guy in the low post, he has to choose to come up to the foul line to guard the ball, leaving his guy open if a forward doesn't come down low to help.

If the opponent makes a successful entry pass inside the defense, they have already beaten the guards, who are no longer between the ball and the rim.

Notice how Jesse has been able to stay in the game the last couple games?
It's because of using the weak side guard to cover the guy at the foul line.
Otherwise, if somebody makes the entry pass to the post, it's always 2 vs. 1 against our center.
It's also because he isn't trying to jump up in the air to block every shot and fouling in the process. You'll notice Frank is also standing with his arms up instead of jumping----or at least trying not to foul.

I do think we will rebound ok. We get a lot of tips and deflections and so far it looks like we’re better on the boards than we were last year despite the major athletic difference.

Even if this team masters the rotations to perfection, it still won’t be good enough. We don’t have the athletes or quickness to cover space.

We will have to score 75 to win. We’re going to give up a lot of points this year and even if a team struggles to score against us it’ll be most likely just because they’re missing open shots.

Right now we have way more weaknesses than strengths. I do think we’ll have a lot of nights like tonight this year where we shoot it very well. The problem is we do nothing else well so if we aren’t shooting we stand no chance against any decent team
This is ample prove of why this team needs the current point guard to come off the bench next year. When you don't have the ability to run an offense, and are a defensive liability, you shouldn't start.
Bringing him off the bench as a scorer, is a great situation next year.

Its been a while now since I played HS ball but right now what is the 2-3 zone taking away from the opponents offense? It gives up a ton of 3s and yesterday to Auburn they recorded 9 dunks? Sure some were in transition but the lobs were embarassing

Its been a while now since I played HS ball but right now what is the 2-3 zone taking away from the opponents offense? It gives up a ton of 3s and yesterday to Auburn they recorded 9 dunks? Sure some were in transition but the lobs were embarassing
Alley oops aplenty. It was fun to watch... if I wasn't watching it happen against my team.

Think about this, if we can't play 3 days in a row, what about the ACC tourney where we're going to need to win 4 (optimistic) or 5 days in a row to make the NCAAs.
Kids don't get tired.

That the opponent has set a season high for made 3s. We gave up 15 tonight. Good god.
"Season high?" Irrelevant statistic. Small sample size.

:(:mad::vomit:

On the other hand, what would our MtM look like?
Matthew Broderick Jewish GIF

It's also been almost a 4-1 zone with Joe and Buddy up top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom