Three Easy Fan-Friendly Initiatives for SU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Three Easy Fan-Friendly Initiatives for SU

Winning just creates short term, short sighted, bandwagon fans. Bees is right. Even with McNabb that place was not always sold out. Winning masks the problem.

It has to be a cultural thing. If you look at Penn State, Michigan...That's a big part of their life. Its bordline cultish. I'm not convinced this cannot happen at a Private University. It's just going to take more work, a little longer to build and requires a little out of the box creativity. We cannot operate like state schools and expect the same results.

The fact the we are starting to erode the hardcore fan base is alarming. I really though marrone did a good job those first few years. He just needs to keep at it. Its not an over night thing.

Good post. I'm a little less optimistic; hard to see Northeasterners adopting the football culture after they have (for whatever reason) resisted it for so long. But you're quite right that a culture change is needed to create a real fanbase. We've seen that winning alone doesn't do the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom