Three guys that have to be replaceder | Syracusefan.com

Three guys that have to be replaceder

kcsu

Living Legend
In order i think if we can find replacements for the following three players that across the board we are going to be a stronger team next year.

1: Bromely in my opinion is our biggest loss. In watching the games his motor just never quits. Other teams had to pay special attention to him and he was the heart of our D all year. Crume? Does big John come back? Is it time for Waynes world?

2: Spruil along with Bromely was the heart of our D. When we needed a play these guys made it. Huge loss. Glad we have talent at LB but i do not see anyone on the roster who is as good as him. Luke? Lynch?

3: Surprise it is not Hickey but rather the one who i put down so often Mac. True leader on and off the field. Coach on the field, Glue on and off not sure how you replace his talent, work ethic, leadership, and spirit. Hickey may have more NFL talent but Mac was more important to this team. It looks like we are in good shape talent wise but boy will we miss his leadership.

Guys who i think are going to step up next year on and off the field.

Welsh. I picked him as my break out player on D this year and he played lights out. Next year i believe he becomes the leader of the D

On O i think that this is and will be Hunts team next year. My dark horse leader is actually Ashton. His passion and competativeness is second to none. If he grows up and can use his energy in a positive way he could become a leader. I also think that Rob Trudo has a chance to step up as a leader as well.

New guys that didnt play much this year that have a chance to shine are Emerich at OC Laster will become a solid LT and i really think that Ron Thompson becomes a force. Others who have great years are Krautman who works hard in the off season and is thankful for a second chance. Chauncy who becomes that tough physical CB who can match up with the big WR and Donnie Simmons who becomes a force on Third down and special teams.

All in all we are in very good shape. The two biggest bonuses for this program would be Hickey coming back and Big John healthy.

Lets close out our best recruiting class in years and all look forward to a great 2014! Go Orange!

Agreed, Bromely is the biggest loss on the D. However, he came out of nowhere. Remember when we all thought the loss of MPB was so huge? We got pretty banged up on D this year and hopefully we will be healthier next year.

The O line makes me nervous next year. Hickey is no Pugh and Mackey is a huge loss. Lasker has a ways to go. (He blocked air on the fake FG - if he had blocked someone we might have made the 1st down.)

We do have some rs frosh that are probably going to surprise us. Palmer and Knapp will be much better next year as will sophs Foy and Robinson. Parris may be an improvement over Wales. Clearly, Estime will be exciting and probably be the best WR. ACE will grow into a first rate WR as well.

It will be great to have Das Boot back and that is huge.

Next year is the Chinese year of the Horse and we are going to run some people off the field. I have a feeling the GM II will be our next 1,000 yard rusher and PTG and RunDMC will probably be used more coming out of the backfield to catch passes.

What is really exciting is the incoming class. Some of these dudes may start as true freshman.

We also have to realize the value of having the staff together for a complete year is important. (Doug who?) We will go to spring practice in a completely different condition and I think the improvement will be noticeable.

All in all, it is a good time to be Orange!

We need to improve our defensive back field. Min. wasn't suppose to be a good passing team and their freshman qb. nearly beat us.

We need to improve our defensive back field. Min. wasn't suppose to be a good passing team and their freshman qb. nearly beat us.

Just need to get healthy there. Eskridge was great by years end prior to getting hurt and Whigham was my favorite cover corner to watch. I just realized Wayne Morgan didn't play yesterday and have no idea why.

Just need to get healthy there. Eskridge was great by years end prior to getting hurt and Whigham was my favorite cover corner to watch. I just realized Wayne Morgan didn't play yesterday and have no idea why.
Thought i saw him on kickoff coverage...

Is wilkes a senior? might have been it

Getting a Whigham back healthy (without his tweets) would be great.

I agree with everything except Welsh. I could see Simmons and Johnson pushing him for time.

In order i think if we can find replacements for the following three players that across the board we are going to be a stronger team next year.

1: Bromely in my opinion is our biggest loss. In watching the games his motor just never quits. Other teams had to pay special attention to him and he was the heart of our D all year. Crume? Does big John come back? Is it time for Waynes world?

2: Spruil along with Bromely was the heart of our D. When we needed a play these guys made it. Huge loss. Glad we have talent at LB but i do not see anyone on the roster who is as good as him. Luke? Lynch?

3: Surprise it is not Hickey but rather the one who i put down so often Mac. True leader on and off the field. Coach on the field, Glue on and off not sure how you replace his talent, work ethic, leadership, and spirit. Hickey may have more NFL talent but Mac was more important to this team. It looks like we are in good shape talent wise but boy will we miss his leadership.

Guys who i think are going to step up next year on and off the field.

Welsh. I picked him as my break out player on D this year and he played lights out. Next year i believe he becomes the leader of the D

On O i think that this is and will be Hunts team next year. My dark horse leader is actually Ashton. His passion and competativeness is second to none. If he grows up and can use his energy in a positive way he could become a leader. I also think that Rob Trudo has a chance to step up as a leader as well.

New guys that didnt play much this year that have a chance to shine are Emerich at OC Laster will become a solid LT and i really think that Ron Thompson becomes a force. Others who have great years are Krautman who works hard in the off season and is thankful for a second chance. Chauncy who becomes that tough physical CB who can match up with the big WR and Donnie Simmons who becomes a force on Third down and special teams.

All in all we are in very good shape. The two biggest bonuses for this program would be Hickey coming back and Big John healthy.

Lets close out our best recruiting class in years and all look forward to a great 2014! Go Orange!

Bromley and Macky had no stars coming in and Spruill Ibelieve was a two.

Without Eskridge and Whigham and of course Lyn.

I'm still pessimistic regarding Eskridge's return. I know he's said otherwise, but, I'm taking a wait and see approach.

Morgan was absolutely back there on several series

Bromley, Spruill and Mackey are my 3 also. Hard to replace them. I am hoping Sloan and w Williams step up, Crume stay steady like he's been, though I hope he turns it up even more his senior year. I like Arcinega, but he needs to get better with his speed and lateral movement. Perhaps shedding a few pounds will help. Hodge is a tackling machine that I think will push for that MLB spot. Emerich is the obvious choice to take over the center position. Dont know who would compete with himor back him up. Maybe Miller? or do you slide Palmer or Hayes in there?I think Laster and Knapp will be fine at tackle if hickey leaves

I know people thought Lasker underperformed but he spent one year in JUCO, against lesser competition. As a true Soph, mainly fr against FBS competition, he came in and did admirable, I think he'll be fine as well. I think the board consensus is that Knapp has a ton of upside. I don't see Miller beating Emerich, granted I only saw him in the spring game and that was a lifetime ago, but he struggled mightily. I think the OL is in good shape for now but I'd like to see some more depth in there. If we're able to land Ward I think he's got multiple year starter written all over him. Moore may not even need to move down to T, unless he grows out of TE.

I know people thought Lasker underperformed but he spent one year in JUCO, against lesser competition. As a true Soph, mainly fr against FBS competition, he came in and did admirable, I think he'll be fine as well. I think the board consensus is that Knapp has a ton of upside. I don't see Miller beating Emerich, granted I only saw him in the spring game and that was a lifetime ago, but he struggled mightily. I think the OL is in good shape for now but I'd like to see some more depth in there. If we're able to land Ward I think he's got multiple year starter written all over him. Moore may not even need to move down to T, unless he grows out of TE.

Most people judge Lasker by what he did(n't) do against Pitt's all-everything #97. Think we'll be ok post Hickey.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom